Chapter Seven

June 17th

I sat in my room listening to Adams Song on repeat. Sixteen held such better days my ass. I hadn't seen Alex since I left camp. I texted him 24/7.

I wrote a song for your birthday, i want to sing it to you -A

awh, i love you! -J

i wish i could see you... -A

maybe you can.. -J

how? -A

Does your mom work? -J

I waited for a response. Instead he called me.

"Hey baby!" I answered.

"Hi love." He said making a kissy noise, "And yes, my mom is at work now."

"Does she work tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Yes, like all day." He told me.

"I'll come over." I said simply. "I know where you live."

"That's risky." Alex said.

"And I need to see you." I said.

"Fuck." Alex laughed.

"Okay, my mom is coming, I love you, I'll text you later."

"I love you too!" Alex said disconecting the line. I layed on my bed and thought about him my mom came in my room.

"How are you?" My mom asked.

"Great, his mom is working tomorrow and I'm driving there tomorrow to see him!" I said knowing my mom knew it was Alex.

"Jack, I don't understand why she's being like this." My mom said.

"I just wish his mom wasn't a religion nut." I said looking at my wall.

"I see you took down that poster." She said referring to a blink 182 poster that was ripped.

"Yeah, I put up some pictures of Alex and I." I told her.

"I like them." My mom said, "I want to talk about him, we never have had a sit down talk."

"Okay." I said sitting up. I paused my music. Which was off of Adam's song.

"Nothing big, I just want to talk about everything." My mom said making me confused.

"Like do you have questions?" I asked. She nodded, "Go on."

"I know the first person you told was that girl May is always with." My mom said.

"How?" I asked.

"She told May, May told me. After I brought you home." She said. I shrugged. "Is there an age gap?"

"Not really, he is just under 6 months older than me. He is behind in school because of his moving. He's going to Dulaney with me for seinor year."

"He lives in Suburbia?" She asked.

"Like four blocks from us. So the borderline." I told her.

"Now, I'm going to tell you this, I don't care if you kiss and hig on him, but if you do anything more, Jack Barakat, I swear to god." She threatened.

"I won't. I won't." I said covering my eyes.

"I trust you. I won't let you see him if I hear anything." She told me.

"I know." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Come eat, now, please." She said.

"I will." I followed her out of my room. I hadn't eaten much since camp started. I continued to do that. My mom put a plate in front of me.