Chapter 16 - Benjamin and Tea

Tayler's POV

I take a deep breath and text Zayn.

'Meet me after breakfast? I wanna talk' I send him.

'Umm.. Sure' he replied.

Okay. Time to go over what I'm going to say. 'Hey, Zayn, so um I just wanted to say that I still really like you and I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was afraid of you getting hurt. Will you give me another chance?'

Umm yeah I guess that's okay. Urgh! Why did I break up with him in the first place. I slapped my hand against my forehead and rubbed my temples. I got dressed quickly in my navy blue blazer and skirt, both with the red-burgundy piping.

I slipped on my tattered sneakers and laced them up. I heard a clicking noise and looked up to see Danielle tsk-ing me.

"Wear these" she said holding up a pair of black ballet flats with little bows on them.

"Those make me look like a circus freak" I mumble. Which is entirely true, they make my feet look quite long.

She tosses them at me.

"Danielle, no" I say. She pouts at me with her eyebrows furrowed. Her and Liam both do that so well. I groan.

"Fine. I will TRY THEM ON. But, that's not a promise that I will wear them." I say gritting my teeth.

She squeals happily as I slip them on my feet and they fit perfectly, and actually make me look slimmer, if possible.

"They're super cute, but, my sneakers..." I trail off and look back at them longingly.

"Please Tayler, just for today?" she asks.

"Friday and Monday, but for some reason I really feel like I need the luck" I say. She mods her head knowing what I need and I put my sneakers back on. They fit my feet like a pair of gloves. The heels of my feet slide into the little crater that they made, the soles are perfectly comfortable in the thin, worn or material. I've worn these so much that there are little holes in the tattered fabric.

Sigh. Time to go beg Zayn to take me back. I fixed myself in the mirror and stood by my bed. I bent my head and prayed to myself silently, interlacing my fingers. I'm not religious but I feel like I need the luck. Amen.

I skip out of the room and head downstairs. I stop at my locker and quickly grab my books and slide them into my bookbag. I closed the locker door and there stood a very handsome boy with pretty green eyes and tousled light brown hair. He faced me and smiled.

"Hey" I say nicely.

"What's your name?" he asks with a thick New York accent.

"Tayler, and hold on, your name is.... Benjamin!" I say.

"How'd you know?" he asks.

"You look like one. You from New York?" I ask him.

"Yeh, and your obviously not from around here. Let me guess.... Your a California girl" he says.

"Yup!" I say happily.

"I could tell from the tan skin and blonde hair" he tells me and we both turn to walk to the cafeteria.

"You know not all of us look like that?" I ask.

"Oh really? I thought everyone did. Do you live next to a movie star?!" he asks me sarcastically. I giggle and numb his shoulder with mine.

"Omg! Ya I like, live next to Johnny Depp! And are you on broadway?!" I shout.

"You know it!" he says and busts out dancing. Pretty well actually. I shake my head embarrassed.

"I no longer know you" I say and smile. He smiles cheekily and we keep walking. We talk about little things and I find out that Benjamin is actually moving to California this next summer quite close to where I live. Only about an hour away.

We make our way to the cafeteria and I feel like I need tea.

"Want some tea?" I ask Benny. Yep, I already made a nickname for him that he finds very girly and he cringes every time I use it. I find it absolutely hilarious.

"Coffee, but I'll come with you." he says. We make our way over to the café and stand in line. He purchases some complicated order of steamed milk and decaf blah blah blah. I just order some green tea with honey and cream in it.

"Thank you" we both say and then take our seats.

Suddenly, Zayn walks in with Mary hanging off of his shoulder. Ouch. That hurts.

I look up and years fill my eyes. Benjamin snakes his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. Zayn looks at her, then she grabs his face and starts snogging him. I feel a tear fall from my cheek and Benjamin tightens his grip around my waist.

"Don't cry, show him that you don't need him anymore. Be strong" he sounded familiar. Just like Danielle. She said almost the same exact thing when he and Mary were having almost-sex in the hallway.

I sniffed and wiped my tears up, then fixed my hair. Zayn pulled away from Mary and smiled at her.

The guys walked in with the gels, their hands all linked happily. They sat down around the table and Zayn and Mary made their way over.

"Danielle?" Benjamin asked.

"Ben?!" Danielle shouted. They both leaped up and threw their arms around each other

"I haven't seen you in years! Since when did you go to THIS boarding school?!" Ben shouted.

"Wow, you look so different! So much bigger, ooh and strong too. My little Benny grew up" she said smiling. Liam looked up and growled, his face growing red hot. Danielle rolled her eyes and graves Liam's arm, pulling him into a standing position.

"Liam, this is Benjamin, my COUSIN. Benjamin, this is Liam, my super amazing and equally as strong boyfriend" she said the last part looking at Liam. He blushed and look down embarrassed.

"Pleased to meet you" Benjamin said and stuck his hand out.

"Same" Liam said and flashed a smile.

"You take care of my favorite cousin now" Benjamin states entirely seriously.

"I intend to" Liam replies in the same voice. The tension in the room grows so I pull Benjamin back into the seat next to me just as Zayn sits down.

"What did you want to talk about?" Zayn asks me as he sits down.

I look from him, and his award winning smile, to Mary. She is glaring at me and her eyes say, 'Dont do what I know your about to'

"Nothing" I say. wow. I can't believe I let Mary win this round. Zayn sighs and looks down sadly. Was he hoping I would ask him for another chance?

I look at Benjamin who smiles hopefully at me and squeezes my shoulder. I sigh.

What have I gotten myself into?