Chapter 14 - volleyball and bitches

Tayler's POV

After school I grabbed my volleyball stuff and threw it on in the locker room, then headed into the gym.

"Hey coach!" I say and smile warmly.

"Aww how's my favorite middle?" coach K says. He's about 5'1 and doesn't look like he'd play volleyball. But believe me, this guy has HOPS. He's also around fifty three and he still has major energy.

"Good how about you?" I ask him.

"Good, you gonna help the freshman at tryout today?" he asks.

"If you want me to" I reply.

"Could you?" he asks.

"Sure thing" I reply. My friends from the team last year came in. Well at least some of them were my friends. The rest were snobs.

Vanessa and Audrey came over to me, Audrey reminded me of a Barbie, se had long light blonde hair that went to her waist and big bright blue eyes. She was almost as tall as I and she was pretty thin. Vanessa was a little bit shorter than Audrey, she had long blonde-brown wavy hair that had blue tips on the ends. Her eyes were a pretty pale green, and she was around 5'9 a little shorter than Audrey. They were both our teams outside hitters.

"I'm so excited for the season!!" Audrey practically screamed. She's a little air-headed.

"I missed everyone SO much!" Vanessa shouted.

"Well, almost everyone anyways" I mumbled and looked towards the other middle blocker, Lida.

She's a major bitch. As if se knew we were talking about her, she made her way over to us. She was almost as tall as me, though she says she's taller since she's jealous of my height. She was disgustingly skinny and pale like snow. She had little brown freckles all over her face and she had shoulder-length brown hair.

"Look what the wind blew in" she said glaring at me.

"Look what the cat dragged in" I snapped back at her.

"Well, they'll let anyone try out this year won't they" she sniffed, sticking her nose in the air.

"Lida, honey, I've been playing volleyball competitively since I was nine... And you? Oh yeah that's right, you started in eighth grade. Oh and also, you know I'm better than you, your just afraid to admit it." I say and smile triumphantly.

She stiffens, then stomps her foot and walks away from us.

"Oh god, now I feel like a terrible person" I mumble. Vanessa pays me I the back.

"Uhmm... Why is Mary here?" Audrey asks.

"Audrey, she's a setter" Vanessa says.

"No, she won't make the team, Macie and Kylie are awesome setters, there's no way" I say. Macie and I really clicked freshman year, and she's 'my setter' no one can seem to time my hits quite right. Especially our 1's.

Kylie was pretty decent too, but she was better at setting Lida than anything else.

"Okay ladies line up!" Coach shouted.

We went through the whole of try outs, and Mary was actually pretty decent, I hate to admit. Though even while we were playing volleyball she was coated with makeup.

We all sat with our legs crossed in a circle.

"Okay ladies, I'll post the team on a piece of paper outside of the gym, it'll be your number that you have one your thighs." he said.

I look down, my favorite number, number 23.

"Only ten girls make the team." he said.

"I'll call out names alphabetically and if you make the team, go into the weight room, if not, please excuse yourselves and go back to your dorms. I'm sorry to the girls that don't make the team, you were all great!" he finishes. Then he reads off the list.