Chapter 6 - The kiss of life

Tayler's POV

I can believe him. One minute I feel like we have a small connection. Then the next I see him walking hand in hand with that slut Mary, it's obvious what he was going to do.

I bite my lip and turn away, I feel my face going red and I try to choke back my sobs. But it's no use, my tears pour forward and everyone looks at me funny.

"What's the matter love?" Danielle asks me. Liam nudges her and points at Zayn heading out the door. More tears came forward and my vision of everything was swimming.

Danielle nods her head and takes my hand, leading me to the bathroom.

She sits me down on the toilet seat and starts to fix my makeup.

"I need you to be strong, show Zayn the strong woman inside of you, show him what he's missing" she says. She helps me put my hair in a bun and does her best to make the red in my cheeks disappear.

"Come to class when your ready" Danielle says.

I nod my head and stay exactly where I am, trying to calm down. I still had fitful hiccups and fussy breathing from crying so much. My body was shaking and I tried to stand up but that seemed like an impossible task. I grabbed my backpack and took out two ibuprofen.

I stood on two shaky legs and ran the sink water, I dipped my head underneath the faucet and took a mouthful of water, then popped both of the pills.

I waited awhile for the medicine to take effect, then headed to class. I sat down in the only seat left, right next to Zayn. The guys were looking at him disappointedly.

I tried not to cry as I say down. He looked at me with his welcoming deep brown eyes. I turned away from him and tried to pay attention to the lesson.

This was the first time in the month that the boys had been here that Zayn has been this silent.

Though he still is trying to talk to me. I ignore him, with greaRt effort.

I look to Sierra who is talking to Lou. She sees me and stops talking. She gives me a comforting look. Lou turns to look at me, but not before glaring at Zayn. Lou gives me the cheekiest smile I've ever seen and turns back to Sierra.

I just shake my head and crack a smile. Niall looks at me worriedly. All ok? His blues eyes seem to say. I nod my head.

The next class is Physical Ed. My teacher asked me to be the Lifegaurd for the swimmers.

I accepted of course and at least my swim uni wasn't as ridiculous as the other students. And the plus side of being the Lifegaurd was that I get an automatic A in this unit.

I put on the cherry red one piece with a white medical plus on the stomach, then my white sweatshirt with red writing that says 'Lifegaurd' on it. I slip on my sunglasses and the whistle.

The girls had to wear navy blue one-pieces that say PE on the back. The guys have to wear the same thing practically. Except in board shorts.

I couldn't help but loom at Zayn's six pack and pecs. Yummers.

Then the girls came, about three of them were hanging on his arm and swooning.

A whistle rang out. Thank god.

"Ladies over here, gentlemen over here" our strict teacher told us pointing to either side of the pool.

I clambered up to the Lifegaurd stand. All of the guys' eyes were on me as I sat down. Some jealous glares came from the girls.

"Twelve lengths of the pool, freestyle, GO!" Coach A yelled.

Everyone dove into their lanes except for one person. Who happened to be Zayn.