The Dare prt.4

The first thing I thought of when I woke up was...it stinks in here.

It smelled moldy, and had the odd rust scent of (gulp) blood. For a second I panicked not knowing where I was, but then my memory came back to the dare.

I shivered, realizing I was cold, and an annoying dripping sound came from the corner of...

I looked up to see where I was. It was a dark room, with stains on the walls, and peeling paint. There were I few gaps in the rough wooden floor, and I could see and hear everything going on downstairs.

Instead of a door, and windows there were iron bars, keeping me imprisoned. I looked down at my tattered clothes, and I could feel that I had some dried blood on my face from the bats. I put my hand down for balance to stand up, but it landed in a puddle of, I squinted my eyes and screamed.

It was blood.

I don't know how I hadn't noticed it before.

I heard murmuring coming from downstairs so I laid down, far away from the blood, and listened through one of the gaps.

"...had enough!" someone yelled, it sounded like Kade. I moved so I could see, and in the process my hair fell on my face, so I tucked it behind my ear.

"I don't care what you want Kade, this is my life, and you just got dragged into it" It was the old man.

"Look just because Emily died doesn't mean you have to torture all of these other kids," Kade yelled back.

"I'm just looking for the right one!"

"Well you don't have to kill the ones that aren't right..."

"Yes, I do...because if I don't I will get caught, and be imprisoned" the man stated matter of factly.

"You are a monster!"

"Don't you dare call me that!" the 'monster' raised his hand as if to hit Kade, but instead he held a blade out that glinted in the poor light.

Kade took many steps back, and his back hit the wall.

"Say your sorry" The man whispered deadly.

"Sorry" Kade said quickly.

"Sorry what?!" the man yelled.

"Sorry devil" Kade spit in the mans face, and tried to run.

The man raised the knife in his hand and sliced Kades cheek, at the same time I stupidly yelled "NOOO!"

They both looked up at me, blood was dripping down Kades face, and I cringed in disgust.

I clamped my mouth shut, and shuffled away from the gaps in the floor. Hopefully they hadn't seen me.

But again...I was wrong.

OKay so i have a few questions...

who is emily?

why do you think this old man is taking children?

aaand did you enjoy this chapter? :)