The Dare ch. 14

Chapter 14:

I lay on the cold white snow, as white engulfs me.  I am at peace with myself, no harm, no pain.  A bright light shines above me, gaining all of my attention, absorbing my energy slowly.  I begin to feel light and airy, and just as I am about to relax and let the light take me I hear the gurgle of a waterfall.  I abruptly stand up, and turn my attention to the water, following the sound like a clearly lit path.

A few minutes later, I reach a meadow with blood red roses tangled in green vines, laying on the fresh snow, a small waterfall trickles beside it; landing on small smooth gray pebbles.  This splash of color amazes me so much that I decide to take a step closer and touch the soft petals of the rose, and run my hand through the icy blue water.

The closer I get, the louder the flow of water sounds; and the harder I listen the more I can distinguish the trickle of water, is not drops of h2o but actually words forming together.

"Megan, come back.  Snap out of it" it whispers to my ear.

"Megan do it for me, come back!" the voice gets louder and louder.

The once white snow forms to gray dirty slosh before my eyes, until it melts to dirty brown mudd.  The light feeling I had on before grows heavy and stressful, weighing me down.  The fast change brings me sadness and a single tear drops to the ground.  It burns the roses like acid, while the green vines catch fire and turn to ash.  The only thing left that had a shade of beauty in it was the clear icy blue pond of water.  It continued to call me like a dangerous lullaby.  My feet moved on the ground and looking into the blue depths of the pond.

"Megan, wake up for me"

The icy blue water that now turns black like ink.  The once bright light shining above me melts into the gray sky.  I dip a finger, and an electric shock ran up my arm causing a shiver of energy to flow through me.

Once again it whispers my name.

"Megan" the voice startles me because it is much louder then before.  I fall into the ink like water gasping for breath, and life. 

Black surrounds me, while bubbles of white shine and blink around me.  I reach out and grab one but it pops and blends in with the black ink water.

The next one I grab, doesn't pop and stays intact, but instead of bringing me to the surface it crawls up my arm and surrounds my skin like white silk.  I see yet another white bubble rising from the bottom of the dark pit of water and it molds into a hand, it holds my own and I feel myself being tugged up toward the surface. 

I close my eyes tight, and wait for the fresh air to hit me.  But instead a moldy scent burns my nose, either way I gasp for breath thankful for the gulps of air no matter how bad the smell may be.

I open my eyes frantically and sit up, only to knock my head on someone else.

"Ouch" we both mutter at the same time.  I look up into the eyes of Sam, and see a figure next to him...Kade.  It's so strange seeing them both together so close. 

"Are you okay?" Sam asks searching my eyes while his hands hold my face close to his.

"Um yeah I think so?" I say it as a question, unsure of myself.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Well after the floor collapsed we ran upstairs to find you laying next to the door, you weren't breathing for a few seconds and your heart even faltered.  You scared us to death, we thought you were gone" his eyes glisten with unshed tears; I glance over at Kade to find him sitting there with a blank face on, not even staring at me but at the gaping hole in the room that we sit outside of.

"All of the stuff over the pass few days caught up to you, your hunger, your thirst, your shock, and your broke arm" As soon as he mentioned a broke arm the pain erupted from my arm causing me to yell out in pain.

"Megan don't look at your arm," Kade says for the first time, while eyeing my arm, "Why not?" I ask while of course looking down at my arm, blood is dripping from my arm while splinters of white bone stick out.

My eyes widen in shock and I start to gasp for breath, while tears soak my cheeks and roll down to my shirt.

"Calm down Megan you will make it worse"  I try to listen to him, and wince at every move I make while I lay on my back again.

Clap clap clap...

"Great show, bravo!" we all turn our heads to the sound to see John, the old man clapping as if this was entertainment.

"Oh darn so she lived through the night, and even killed that b**ch, by the way thanks for the favor" he says the last part while rolling his one eye to look right at me.  His eyes widen and he staggers back. 

"N-n-no you cant be!" he yells out, confusion masking his features.  While one of his fingers point right at me.

okay this is a really short chapter but i wanted to post it soon since i got the 10 votes!! and this is nearing the end of the story guys!!!!! :D

please vote and comment :) and btw i will tell the winner of the little contest i had when story is finished :)

10 votes till next chapter