chapter 30.

.:Will POV:.

The raindrops race across the bus window as I stare out of it, the little droplets melting into each other and disappearing at the edge of the glass.

I'm on the last bus on my way home. Aunt Em had given me fifty dollars, a map, and instructions on navigating my way through the first Uber and the last two buses that would land me on Main Street in town, and from there I would either have to walk or hitchhike to Nico's house.

"This is as far as I go, kid." The burly bus driver huffs as he comes to a halt. I nod and heft my duffel bag, that contains the few clothes and belongings I chose to bring with me, before I stagger through the aisle of the empty vehicle. That was one good thing, the second bus was completely vacant, quiet, and allowed me to think and convince myself that this is only slightly crazy.

I'm stepping off the bus when the driver stops me. "Hey, kid?" I turn around to see a reassuring smile on his face with kind wrinkles at the edge of his green eyes. "Good luck."

Nodding, I give him a small smile back. I tip the driver before stepping off the bus into the sprinkling rain, sighing.

* * *

Half an hour later, I'm soaking wet but I'm standing on Nico's front porch.

I take a deep breath before knocking on the door.