chapter 7.

.:Nico POV:.

I'm picking around in my lunch at school when somebody drops their tray in front of me with a bang.

I flinch, looking up. "You're here too? I thought I would've gotten rid of you by now." I groan when I see the blonde, blue eyes beaming.

"You'll have to try harder if you want to get rid of me." Will grins, sitting down in front of me.

I scoff. "I see that now. Well, I might as well say this now," I take a deep breath and Will raises an eyebrow. "I'm sorry," I exhale.

"What?"

"You heard me, Golden Boy. I'm sorry about going off on you yesterday."

Will smiles wider. Fuck, this boy smiles a lot. "Aw, that's okay."

I don't hear him at first. "I mean, I'm just sick of everybody looking after me, I don't want anybody else--wait, what?"

"You were upset. I get it. It's fine."

I feel my eyes widen. I wasn't really expecting him to let me off that easy. Usually, if it were Persephone or Dad or anyone else, they would probe until they felt like they'd gotten to the bottom of my soul.

Then I notice Will's lip glistening red, busted, and the light bruise blazing across his left cheek.

"What happened to your face?" I ask before I can stop myself, and Will's smile fades.