chapter 1.

.:Nico POV:.

My vision is flooded with light as I'm slammed into a locker. My sight clouds with two blazing headlights storming closer; the sound of glass shattering and screaming fills my ears. I cover them, it's no good. I'm suddenly turned upside down and it feels like standing on the ceiling and then I'm yanked upright again. Rolling over and over with my lungs constricting.

My heart bangs against my ribcage and I sink to the floor. I can't breathe. I'm losing control...I'm losing everything all over again. I feel tears stream down my cheeks but my brain barely registers the kids--the ones who shoved me into the lockers in the first place--laughing.

Then the laughing stops and is replaced by footsteps, running away from me.

Someone kneels in front of me. "Hey--hey, are you okay? What happened?" It's a guys voice, concerned.

I just shake my head. I can't speak. I open my eyes, I didn't realize they'd been squeezed shut. Before me is a blurry, teared figure of a guy. He has shaggy blond hair and constellations of freckles across his cheeks. I blink, my vision clears. The guy is talking again. His eyes are a deep shade of blue, glazed with worry.

"I need you to take some deep breaths, okay? It's fine."

I oblige, taking a few hard, shaky breaths.

"Good. Here--take my hand. It can help you calm down." He extends his hand. But instead of waiting for me to take it myself he grabs it and pulls it away from my face. His hands are cold against mine, which is odd because I normally have a colder grasp.

It's comforting, in a strange way. I focus on my breathing while he squeezes my hand and reassurance courses through me.

Finally, when my breathing is stable, I stand up, wobbling a bit. The blonde-haired guy steadies me. "What do you need now? Do you want me to take you to the nurse?"

I simply nod and he tightens his grip on my hand and leads me down the hall.

---

Whoop whoop, first chapter is up! Hope it's not already too overbearingly cheesy and cliche.

Don't forget to vote and comment what you think :3 Thanks for reading ~