Chapter 28 - The new enemy

Dedicated to: Annienv137

Posted: 07/08/14

Hey guys I got really lazy and just skipped to the TV series instead of putting in the last few weeks so I'm going to give you a description of it.

She gets to the Sand and they treat her like a sick puppy so she walks out on her own one day to the market to get things to fix some soup for supper. A couple nights later she's laying in bed (light sleeping) and ShiSui (The bird duh) comes to the window and him and Gaara end up having a convo about her defensive style (how she acts and heals when going though stuff) and ShiSui just tells him that this is how she's always done it. (ignoring, glares, "don't touch me", cold, emotionless, acts like she's fine) So Gaara ends up talking to Shiaye about all of it and they slowly make up over the course of the next two weeks. Note that Shiaye was here for 3 weeks altogether.

________________________________________________________________________

"Before you begin combat training, you must choose a weapon which suites you both physically and mentally." Temari told the group of teens in front of us. I had agreed to help out with the program for a while.

The Leaf have sent me a letter telling me it was time to come back, which is one thing I didn't want to do. One girl raised hand as Temari called upon her.

"I'm sorry, but is it necessary for all of us to hold a weapon?" I knee where she was coming from. Weapons hurt the ones you love, but there's a gift from holding a weapon. You have the strength to protect the ones you love.

"Your weapon is like," Gaara started. Some of the kids looked frightened of him. He looked pained by all of their faces. "Forget it, it's nothing important. "

I looked over at him grabbing his hand. He looked down at our hands before tightening the grip a little to much. 'Gosh are you like a hand killer today?' I ask smiling over at him. He smiled, a little one, before replying. "Only for you though. " My cheeks heated up a bit before I looked away.

"You will be working in groups, you will also get to choose which instructor you wish to train with." Kankuro said making them whisper. "Gaara lighten up a bit. No one will want to be in your group. Smile." Temari said to him. She was right in some ways, I wish he would lighten up.

Every one picked their teams and just as Temari said, no one came over to our group. Just one girl was left staring at Gaara. She walked over completely ignoring me at the moment. "Excuse me, will you be my sensei?" Gaara looked at her before saying, "Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Please teach me." Then she looked over at me. "Will you teach me as well?" I smiled at her before nodding my head. Every one looked at the tables, searching for something that would fit their fighting style.

They all started learning on how to wield their weapons correctly, but our student hasn't even chosen a weapon. "What is your name?" Gaara asked the girl. "It's Matsuri."

"Matsuri, you must choose a weapon." She looked down at the table before us. A frightened expression covered her face as she quickly picked up the iron club. Matsuri tried to attack Gaara as he had instructed. She didn't get to far before she fell on her butt.

"Which weapon do you think is best for me?" She asked looking over at me. I nodded my head looking down at the last two weapons on the table.

'The girl didn't look to into the idea of a sword.' Shiki said as I nodded my head in agreement. "Try this." I say handing her the javelin. "Could you teach me how to use it?" Gaara came up next to me smirking. "I'll teach you, she's never used it before. " She handed it off to him as he jumped back.