Chapter 13- The Change

Hermione's POV

     "Hermione. If you don't get up, I'll hex you!" Ginny says. I roll over and look at the time, 8:00 a.m. "Ginny! Why didn't you wake me up earlier!" I screech at her. I rush around the room trying to get everything together. To make things easier and go quicker, I put a simple spell on my hair to straighten it and then we're out the door. "Gosh, Ginny. We're going to be the last ones in the great hall!" I fret. "Hermione, calm down. Its Saturday." She says while laughing. I glare at her as  realization hits but before I get to get any choice words out to her, we turn the corner and I knock in to someone. "Oh my gosh! Ron! Are you ok? What happened?" I hear an obnoxious voice say and black hair looking around to see who or what happened. I then look up and see Ron smiling at Pansy. "Im fine, love." Ginny grabs my arm and pulls me the other way. Before my view is fully cut off, I see him kiss her. Ginny pulls me along to an alternate route until we finally make it to the Great Hall, just in time for Proffesor McGonagall to make an announcement. "There has been a slight change in the competition. Marietta Edgecombe will not be able to participate. She is gravely ill and won't be coming back this year. Since we need a second Hogwarts winner, we will be picking a new one tonight. That is all, now off with you." Ginny and I finish eating then head up to the Gryffindor common room. "So, what do you want to do?" I ask Ginny. She shrugs her shoulders and I sigh, both of us at a loss. We sit down on the chairs by the fireplace and Harry joins us. "Hello, Harry." I say. "Where's Draco?" He asks and my face darkens. I get up and rush to the girls dormatory, crying. *Knock knock knock* "Come in." I say as I wipe my face, hoping I don't look as terrible as I feel. Harry walks in and sits next to me on the bed. "Im sorry, Mione. I didnt know. He's a foul git for doing that but itys Malfoy, he must have a reason..." I nod solemnly. "Well, how about we go to Hogsmeade?" He offers. I nod and smile as Harry holds his hand out for me to grab. I grab it and we rush to get Ginny to go to Hogsmeade.

     After Hogsmeade, we decide to stay outside for a bit and enjoy seeing the glittering snow. Soon, a full blown snowball war begins between us and some random passerbys of another house. Many other students from our year decide to join in and we're having the time of our lives. After being soaked thoughly we decide to head in to dry off before dinner.

     "Now, time to choose the new Hogwarts competitor. This will be chosen differently than the first time. In this cup" Proffesor McGonagall say as she walks over to it. "There are all the girls eligible in Hogwarts but, only one will be chosen." She nods towards someone standing near the back and Fleur walks up towards the cup. She smiles at me and then picks a peice of paper from the cup to hand to Proffesor McGonagall. Ever so slowly, Professor McGonagall opens up the peice of paper and reads the name off... "Hermione Granger."

------------------------------------
Edited 10-24-2018

Sorry if this chapter isn't as good or as long as the others! I will most likely be editing it so dont fret!
-Saly2918