Chapter 22- Troll of Nadroj

Draco POV

     Watching Hermione face the Valcore scared me. Watching her almost get hurt killed me. I don't want her to go through what I did, but unfortunately, I'm up. "Mr. Malfoy, please get ready." Madame Pomfrey says. I nod and stand near the entrance. I'm just about to step out when I hear, "Wait!" Hermione comes running up to me and before I get the chance to think, her lips are on mine. She pulls away as fast as it happens and with a final good luck she walks away. I compose myself and walk out of the tent. "Now, our final contestant! Draco Malfoy!" Kinsley says, his voice volume enhanced. The crowd cheers as I walk out.

Hermione POV

     My lips are still tingling as I watch Draco head out to face the troll. My heart's beating fast and I can't tell wether it's from me being worried about him or from the kiss. I look out between the opening of the tent, silently willing for him to be safe. I watch as he makes a run for the flag but before I see what happens next, I black out.

Draco POV

     I look around, looking for the flag. Finally after doing my 3rd sweep, I see it. It's jutting out of a hill, nearly behind a rock. So this is how it's going to be played, king of the hill, except with a troll. 'Great. Just what I wanted' I think sarcastically. I search for the easiest route and when I think I've found it, I run. I slip on the loose rocks of the hill and before I'm halfway up, I feel the hill shake. The troll comes barreling out of a cave at the bottom of the hill and heads straight for me. I decide to take a detour until I figure out what spell would best distract it. I turn my head for a quick second to assess the troll better. Big hands, horned legs and a club. Not a pretty looking troll either. I run for a bit longer and then an idea hits me. I turn around quickly and think, 'Incarcerous!' Thick rope ties itself around the troll and it trips. I run as fast as possible to the flag but by the time I'm 10 feet away from it, the troll is out of the ropes and running at me again. I hear someone scream and I barely duck in time as the troll's club swings where my head just was. I run to the left, confusing it for a second, and then run around to the back of the flag to grab it. My hands close around the flag and a cheer rises. Incantations are being said to stop the troll and I take a deep breath. I turn around to face the crowd but before I get to, I feel pain and the world goes black.

Ginny POV

     'Something is not right... The teachers are using a lot of Incantations but it's not working. Someone is using a counter spell, someone wants Draco dead.' As I have that last thought, I whip my head towards Draco and my jaw drops. The troll is going to strike him with the club and he doesn't know! I whip out my wand and Draco goes flying. "Arresto Momentum!" I yell and Draco stops moving right before he hits the ground. Teachers are rushing around using any incantation possible until finally, trained witches and wizards come to stop the troll. Something bad is happening at Hogwarts and this time not to Harry...

Hermione POV

     All of us heard the cheers when Draco got the flag, but he still hasn't come back. I find madam Pomfrey and start to say "Is Draco OK?" When I hear screams. My eyes widen and I run towards the tent entrance. I fly out the entrance and falter for a second as I see Draco get hit by the troll's club and see him go flying. Someone yells "Arresto Momentum" and then Draco stops right before he hits the ground. I'm quickly running to him, pushing past all the teachers that have started to surround him. I drop to the ground next to him and take his hand but madam Pomfrey starts pushing me away saying that he needs to be alone so she can fix him. Ginny takes me hand and takes me away but I barely process anything besides one thought, Draco almost died.

------------------------------------
Edited 10-24-2018

I tried to make this chapter a bit longer (it isn't that long but it's longer than where I originally wanted to stop it...). Anyways, sorta been having major writers block lately and if I have any grammar, spelling or wrong story idea (I have no idea how to word that right now lol) then just let me know!
-Saly2918