Chapter 12- The Visit

These next 2 chapters are dedicated to SibunaforeveHOA. Without her idea, I would probably still have writers block. Thank you!
-Saly2918

------------------------------------

Draco's POV

     "Hello, Draco." My father sneers. "Father." I say stiffly. "Minerva, may my son and I speak alone?" She nods courtly and motions for Hermione to come with her. She looks back at me, worried. The second they are out of the room my father mutters, "Muffliato" I glare at him and say coldly, "What do you want, Lucius?" "I will have respect when you talk to me! Crucio!" He yells. I fall back in pain. "You are a disgrace to the Malfoy name! Dating that nasty mudblood. Foul creatures they are and to think my own son is with one!" He spits. "She is not foul!" I yell back at him, venom dripping from my voice. "CRUCIO!" He yells again. "Now you listen here, Draco. If you dont kill her by the end of the year... I will, along with those petty friends of her. Potter and Weasley..." He sneers. "Jokes to all wizards around." He stops the spell and looks me straight in the eye before apparating away. I get up and undo the spell on the room. Hermione and Proffesor McGonagall then walk back in the room. Hermione runs in to my arms and kisses me but, I don't kiss back. 'I must stay away from Hermione to protect her, then Lucius won't look her way.' I think to myself, my heart already aching.

Hermione's POV

     When we walked back in to the room, I took one look at Draco and ran to him. He looked awful.  I kissed him to let him that I was there, he didn't kiss back. I pulled away and looked at him. "Draco, what's wrong?" I ask, searching his eyes. "Nothing, Granger." He says as he walks out of the room without a second look. My eyes widen and I run out of the office to catch up with him. "Draco!" I yell. He doesn't look back. I finally catch up to him and I grab on to his sleeve. "Draco..." He turns and his eyes... their so cold and heartless. "Get away from me, Granger! Don't you see that I don't want you!" He yells. I let go of him and watch him walk away. Next thing I know, I;m running. I'm running away from everything, him, Hogwarts and especially life.

Ginny's POV

     Where on earth is Hermione? I havent seen her all day... Im starting to get worried. I wander the halls looking for her. On the 7th corridor I see Draco. "Malfoy!" I yell. He looks back with a scowl on his face, "What do you want, Weasle-bee?" "Have you seen, Hermione?" I ask. "No, why would I care about that mudblood?" I glare at Malfoy. "You are a foul git, Malfoy! After everything that's happened you're still that evil little cockroach." "At least I'm not a blood traitor." He mutters. My eyes flare with anger and before I know it, my fist is making contact with his face. I walk away, anger coursing me. That bloody git! How dare he call Hermione and I such names! I swear, if he did anything to Hermione, I'll hex him to oblivion!

Hermione POV

     I find myself in the library, no surprise there. I'm lucky that no ones here, everyone is probably in the Great Hall for dinner. I sit in the far back and cry. I can't believe that after everything thats happened this year, he tosses me out like trash! To think that I thought he had changed! I'm too absorbed in my thinking to notice that someone else walked in to the library. "Hermione?" I hear someone say. I look up and see Ginny. For some reason I break down crying again. "Oh, Mione. Don't cry." Ginny says. She pats my back and hugs me. I eventually tell her what happened and boy I have never seen her so mad in my life. "That git! How can he be such an arse!" She fumes. I laugh a bit and sigh. "We should probably get back, its almost 10..." I trail off. We walk out of the library and head to the Gryffindor common room. The whole time I'm thinking, 'Why the sudden change in Draco? What did his father do or say to him?'

------------------------------------

Why do you think Draco became so cold to Hermione? Is he back to his old self or is there another reason? ;)
-Saly2918