Chapter 29- The Lengths We Go

Draco POV

     "What are we going to do now?" I asked, worry written all over my face. "What are we? Don't you mean are you? You're the one that was stupid and didn't tell anyone about Hermione being bewitched and now look where we are!" Ron says, anger written all over his face. I deflate slightly and say, "I can't watch her all the time. She doesn't have classes with me, that's why I need both of your help." Harry looks at me for a moment, for what, I don't know. "I'll help." He then says after a couple beats. Ron looks over at him, mouth agape. "Hey, do you not care about Hermione? Because last I remember, you were worried sick about her even talking to Draco!" Harry says, angrily. Ron's eyes widen and then he sighs "I guess your right, Harry. I'll help out."
I nod at the duo gratefully. "Where would be a good place we should put her if she switches personalities again?" Harry asks after a couple beats of silence. "The room of requirement maybe?" Ron's replies. Harry and I both take a moment to think about it before I say, "I think the head prefects common room will be good. If any place she associates changing personalities, it's most likely the common room. She can stay in Griffindors until we get every thing figured out. Otherwise we can I guess, imprint her to another place." Harry adjusts Hermione on his shoulders before responding, "I want to say yes to that, but I can't exactly see Hermione being okay with one, not going to her room ever again and two, getting locked in a place she is supposed to live in afterwards. She was locked in Malfoy mansion and she refuses to ever go there." I flinch at the mention of that moment and terrible memories flash back. "Crap, sorry Draco. I wasn't thinking." I shake my head to say it is ok. "Anyways, back to the real topic, how about the secret room we found leading off from the trophy room secret passage, Harry? We won't have to worry about anyone finding her there and about spells bothering other students." Ron says. Harry's eyes widen. "Ron! That's brilliant!" He responds as he starts leading us towards the trophy room. We get there quickly and I'm looking around for this passageway. "So, where is this passage? You would think more people would know about it." I say, still confused. Harry smiles and pushes aside the tapestry hanging next to the trophy case to show a passageway. "Interesting. Not where I expected to see that." I reply as we take a couple steps in to find a door and a smaller room. "This works. We just need to place some spells on the room and add some decor so it doesn't seem so... Bland" I say thinking out loud. "Well, shall we begin. This is probably one of the few times we will all have time to get this ready." Harry says after moment. We all nod in agreement and start with the basic spells we can remember. After that, we spend hours pouring over books to get more advanced spells in place. Once the dawn light finally starts to shine, the room is finished. "Well, I think this has been a productive night and my bed is now calling my name." Ron says with a large yawn. "I also reckon Hermione will be waking up soon and will be very confused if she doesn't wake up in her own bed." I nod in agreement. "I'll take her back to our common room and make sure she is okay. We have to always have one of us with her. Keep Ginny in on the plan otherwise none of us will hear anything but that for years." I reply with a yawn as I lift Hermione in my arms.
     The walk back to the common room seems so quick compared to all the hard work we did today. With a half asleep "Sempre," I notice Snape doesn't open the door. "Uhh, Professor Snape, are you going to let us in?" I ask. "Oh Draco, I don't think Minerva told you but the new password will be 'Totalus' for now on. She is worried about the whole Hermione thing and has taken extra precautions." He replied as he opens the door. I nod in understand and go to Hermione's room to lay her down. I hardly make it a couple feet to the chair in her room before I am fast asleep.

Hermione POV

     I wake up in my bed, definitely don't remember getting here. I look over and see platinum hair, 'I am guessing Draco brought you in here and made sure you were okay.' I think to myself with a small smile. "Good morning, love." Draco says as he notices me awake. "Draco... What happened last night?" I ask him when I realize I don't remember a lot of last night. "I'm not quite sure but you screamed and fell outside our common room when I found you. We will be taking measures since everyone is worried about you. Whenever you are under the imperio curse we will be keeping an eye on you if that's okay, love." Draco says as he puts his arms around me lovingly. I nod in agreement, "I just want things to go back to normal." "So do I." I wish we could just say that and it will, but nothing is any where that simple and we both know it so we just sit there in each other's arms, wondering if and when we won't have to worry about each other's safety anymore.

------------------------------------

I have finally finished re-updating all my chapters so here is a new one for all of you to enjoy! I hate the fact it has taken me 4 years to work on this book. I keep stopping and re starting it over and over, but I do want to finish it. That is my goal so every night I will try to work a bit on this book, but it may be a long time before chapters come out.
-Saly2918