Chapter 1- Back to Hogwarts

Hermione's POV

     "Hermione!" I hear a voice yell. I turn around to see Harry with his arms wide open and I quickly run in to them. "It's so good to see you!" Harry exclaims. I smile and nod in agreement. Unfortunately, I haven't seen him or the Weasley's much since the war ended, but I'm glad that we get one more year together at Hogwarts. With much to catch up on, Harry and I walk over to where Mrs. Weasley and the others are. You can still see in the eyes of their family the losses that they have endured during the war. It was and still is sad knowing that Fred is gone, he was like a brother to me. Just like all the other Weasley's are family to me.

     "Harry! Hermione! It's so good to see you two!" Mrs. Weasley says while bringing us into a deathly tight hug. I hug her back until she lets us go and starts fussing over Harry's hair. I 'm soon left standing alone until out of the corner of my eye, I see fire red hair flying at me. "Ginny!" I squeal as she comes flying in to my arms. "It's so good to see you, Hermione! I've missed you so much and it doesn't help that Ron's been moping around all summer distraught about you guys breaking up..." She trails off. I broke up with Ron near the beginning of July. I just don't see him as anything more than a brother and I knew it would only get worse for us if I didn't break up with him when I did. "Oh, Ginny! I've missed you too and I'm deeply sorry that you were stuck with Ron... I hope he is doing better though." I say with a slight frown at the thought of Ron moping around. She just nods and looks at Harry. I smile and say with my eyebrows raised, "So, are you and Harry are finally together or no?" At the mention of Harry, Ginny's eyes begin to sparkle and she nods. "I'm so glad he asked me out after the war! At least there was some light in that dark time." She says while smiling. She looks like she has more to say, but before she can say it, Mrs. Weasley interrupts her. "Come on everyone! The train will be leaving soon and I don't think you want to miss your last year at Hogwarts!" She slightly yells as she quickly hugs us all goodbye and then pushes us towards the train. As soon as we get on, we all head to the back of the train to find a compartment. Once there, we all wave goodbye to the Weasley's that we are leaving behind.

     Once the train pulls out of the station and we can no longer see their infamous red hair, we sit down. At first, the air in the compartment is awkward. We don't say anything for a while until Harry finally speaks up. "So, Hermione, how was your summer?" "It was good. I finally found my parents in Australia. I brought their memories back, but I almost didn't want to. They looked so happy..." I say trailing off. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I brought their memories back otherwise I probably would've never seen my parents again or had a chance to find them again. When I found them, they looked as if they were getting ready to move again and it would have been harder to find them. They did look really happy though, up until I found them, I didn't even know they wanted to see other places besides England. Finally, after a pin drop minute of silence, Harry nods in understanding. After that the awkward air in the compartment seems to lift as everyone begins to talk. 

     After an hour of being on the train, the sweets cart having already passed, someone knocks on the door. We all look at each other until Ginny finally yells, "Come in!" With that, two people walk in and smiles come to all of our faces. "Luna! Neville!" I say elated. I stand up and hug them both until Luna says, "The Headmistress would like to see you, Hermione." I nod and am about to reach for the door handle when she then says, "Oh, and congratulations on making Head Girl." "Thank you, Luna." I say with a smile. I turn to Harry, Ginny and Ron and say, "I'll be back in a bit." Again, I reach for the handle, but before I have even left I hear Ginny hitting Ron with a book. "Oh, Ronald! Stop staring at her! Geez, its not that surprising that she's head girl!" With a small laugh I leave the compartment and walk down the train corridor until I finally reach the headmistress's compartment. I quickly knock on the door and before I have a second to compose myself, the door is opened by someone completely unexpected.

-------------------------------------

Don't you just love Cliff hangers? lol. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my book and please comment if you have any suggestions to make this better! Please vote!
-saly2918

Edited 1-9-2017