35

I had a lot of dances today. After the first dance, I danced with Beall. Then Earl, Aimo, Nicholas, Twain, and Abraham. Another man who I remembered was Diana's partner when she went down also asked for a dance. Then I also danced with William, Dad, Uncle, and the men that were with Grace and Abigail. I was tired, so I sat down on my chair and ate the meal.

Ada was beside me as we ate. We made small talk as we rested and fed ourselves.

I didn't see Tony after the first dance. He might've had a moment with the other elite.

"Haidee!" Abigail exclaimed.

I smiled and waved at her as she sat down beside me, holding a box covered in a Christmas designed wrapper.

"Here's your present!" She said.

I beamed and took it, "Thank you! I'm sorry I don't have one for you."

She smiled, "It's okay! You can give it to me next year!"

I laughed and nodded, "Okay, I'll give it to you next year."

"I'm going to dance with Nicholas now. He kept on bugging me for a dance." Abigail stated.

I nodded and waved, "See you."

She waved back and dashed off. I didn't want to open the present yet, so I looked for a maid who wasn't doing anything and asked her to bring it to my room.

"Excuse me," A man said.

I looked back at him and smiled, "Hello, sir."

He must be a marquess or baron or count or something.

He smiled and held out his hand, "May I take this dance?"

I nodded, "Of course."

He led me to the floor and we danced the basic waltz.

"If you don't mind me asking, can I know your name?" I asked him.

"Call me Gaby." He said, "And I know that your name is Haidee."

I nodded. I don't know what to say next and it was getting awkward. Thankfully, he talked.

"So, Haidee. Are you coming to Prince William and Princess Celestiana's wedding?"

I nodded, "Yes, I am. I'm the maid of honor actually."

He smiled, "Can you tell me about your relationship with the crown prince?"

"Um . . ." I trailed off, "I guess we're more than friends."

He rolled his eyes, "I know that much."

I smiled sheepishly, "I don't know if I can call it love yet. But I think it's between love and like."

He nodded and didn't speak further. He seemed to have a lot of thoughts. The song ended and I curtsied to him before walking away. I think it was already midnight or maybe 1 in the morning. I couldn't see Tony, Julianne, Louise, Harriet, Bloom, Christine and Diana anywhere.

I sat back down on my table to rest. Like always, I sipped my cup and observed the people. It was obvious that everyone was happy. Claire did a great job. Then, I saw Claire and Mary rushing to me.

"There you are!" Claire exclaimed.

Mary pulled me up, "Come on! They're waiting for us."

I looked at them with confusion as they rushed me to the balcony, "Who exactly is waiting for us?"

They didn't talk but pulled me inside the balcony where the missing people were. Julianne smiled and gave me a cup of wine.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What's going on?"

Tony smiled, "We're having a toast."

I nodded and placed myself between Harriet and Julianne. Diana was on Tony's side and Louise was on the other. I wanted to be by his side but I guess I can't.

Tony raised his cup, "To the future of Illèa and my wife!"

We cheered. They drank their wines. I only held mine.

"Drink yours, Haidee!" Diana ushered.

I smiled apologetically, "I don't drink."

"Come on! It's just a little!" Claire exclaimed.

I shook my head, "I don't want to."

If my brothers find out I drank, I'm sure they'd kill Tony.

"We all drank ours! You should drink it too!" Louise complained.

"Sorry." I apologized.

The girls kept telling me to drink it. I kept refusing. If only they gave me juice . . .

"I'll drink it." Tony presented.

"But it's unfair!" Diana complained.

"It's okay. I'll drink it," He said and approached me.

I smiled at him and he returned it as he took the glass away from me and drank it.

He smiled, "Thank you for joining me, girls. You may now go back to your rooms. Lady Mary and Lady Bloom, please stay behind. I'll have a word with you."

Mary's leaving?

I gulped and squeezed Mary's hand. I gave her a smile before I left.

I didn't talk to the other Elite on the way to our rooms. They were happily chatting and saying things about 'presents', 'kisses', and 'I am totally going to win'. And yes, the last one was Diana.

I made my way to my room and saw the gift that Abigail gave. I completely forgot about it.

I rushed to my bed and opened it. I gasped when I saw what was inside. It was a key encrusted with gems. It was an old-fashioned key and it was the centerpiece of the necklace.

I took the necklace and looked at the key more closely. My eyes widened when I saw what was engraved at the body.

Illèa

She gave this to me? I really need to give her a gift next year.

------------

Yay! Short chapter haha sorry