2

I heard footsteps, a lot of them. My heart pounded. What was happening? I quickly went out the door and saw the door open.

Oh no.

I tip-toed towards the living room where I heard voices after getting a frying pan from the kitchen. I held up the pan as I got closer.

"Yes," One voice said. It was man's voice.

"Oh, okay. I'm going to wake her upㅡ" A woman's voice said which I recognized.

Before I could hide the pan, The people inside already saw me holding the pan and was about to hit one of them.

"Haidee! What are you doing?!" Mom exclaimed.

"Oh, um." I mittered as I hid the pan behind me. "I-I was," What should I say? "I was going to cook breakfast! Yes! That was what I was doing!"

"Then why are you here? The kitchen is there." Mom pointed.

"Right. I'm sorry. I'll go cook now." I was about to leave but Mom told me to stay.

"No, no. Don't leave, honey. These are the palace guards," She stated as she showed the different people inside the room.

"They told me that Prince William is looking for you." Mom said and showed me a knowing smile.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Miss, we have to get you to the Palace. Your parents already know what will happen." One Officer said.

"Go on, Haidee. Just dress up. You don't need to bring any clothes. Just bring your valuables." Mom said and grabbed the pan from me and pushed me to my room.

"Butㅡ"

"Hurry!" Mom ushered and once we got to my room, she closed the door.

I sighed. I scanned my dressesㅡwhich weren't a lotㅡand looked for the best dress available. The best dress I have was my dress when it was my 18th birthday. It wasn't much but it would do. The dress featured a Bertha, which completely exposed my shoulder area. The bodice began to extend over my hips, while the sleeves opened further and increased in fullness. The volume and width of the skirt continued to increase because rows of flounces were added. The skirt also created a dome shape, because of the artificial cage crinoline. The crinoline created an artificial hourglass silhouette by accentuating my hips, and fashioning an illusion of a small waist; along with the corset.

The dress was in the color of royal blue. I styled my hair in braids. The braids started from the sides of my head towards the center. I tied it with a ribbon to pair with the garment. I wore my white satin shoes and gloves. I also wore a hat. Once I was finished, I got my backpack and put a lot of stuff inside. Useless things but with value.

I went outside my room and saw that guards were still there, waiting.

"I'm ready." I declared.

The Officer nodded and showed the way outside. They left first but I stated a little longer to say my goodbyes.

"Goodbye, Mom. I'll be back soon." I told her and kissed her cheek.

She smiled, "Goodbye, Honey. But you won't be coming back sooner or later."

"Huh?" I asked byt she only smiled, I shrugged it off, "Whatever. Tell my goodbyes to Dad and my brothers for me. Love you, Mom."

"Love you too, Honey." She said and waved.

I waved back and left our house. Outside, waiting, was a limousine. One guard opened the door for me and I entered.

I had the car all for myself since the other guards had a separate car for themselves. Inside the car was a lot of space. There was a table inside with a cup of tea and some make-up. I grabbed the lipstick and applied a little amount, it's shade was cherry red. I looked at the mirror and saw my reflection. I looked decent, almost like nobility, but the lowest kind.