32

People stared at the limousine as we passed the town. This is why I didn't want to ride it. The attention.

When we reached the post office, the attention got worse. The driver opened the door and helped me out. There were girls pointing and whispering. Boys turned their attention to me. Children smile and try to take my attention.

"Lady Haidee!" A little girl exclaimed.

I smiled at her and crouched down to her level, "Hello, what's your name?"

She beamed, "Melissa!"

"Well, Melissa. You look charming," I complimented to which she blushed at.

"Thank you," She said shyly, "You look more beautiful, Lady Haidee."

I smiled, "Please, call me Haidee."

"I can?"

I nodded, "Of course you can. Now I have to send these letters, would you like to come with me?"

She smiled, "Can I?"

I nodded.

"But I'm waiting for my mom. Thank you for talking to me, Haidee." She said.

I smiled and waved a goodbye before walking to the post office. I gave the letters and I ignored the phones that were filming my every move.

"Can I get an autograph?" A girl, my age came up to me and asked.

I smiled, "Sure. And please don't treat me like a celebrity."

She smiled, "Thank you!"

I nodded and she ran off. Some took pictures with me and some asked for my autograph. It was tiring. I don't know how celebrities handle this. I salute all the celebrities in the world.

When I got back to the limosuine, I sighed in relief. I rubbed my cheeks from smiling to ease the ache.

"That was tiring," I mumbled.

The driver drove me back home and I closed the door once I entered.

"I'm finally home," I said.

"What took you so long?" Lairence asked when I waltxed inside the living room and collapsed on the couch.

"People, and I had to wait for the limo." I answered.

"Limo?" Scuzette asked

I nodded, "That guard called the limo for me. I wanted to use the bus or something but no, apparently, I needed a limousine to get to the stupid post office."

"Well that's fancy," Laurence commented.

I rolled my eyes, "Too fancy if you ask me."

Laurence checked his watch, "Look at the time! We have to go now, Haidee. I need to take Scuzette home."

I nodded, "Take care."

I hugged Laurence and Scuzette before they left. There's an hour before lunchtime. Maybe I should start cooking?

I got up and went to the kitchen and looked at the contents of my fridge. When I finally saw something to eat, I cooked it. Whule waiting, I put the placemats on the table and thr plates, utensils, and cups. I also made some juice.

The door opened and in cane my second oldest brother. Vince got up from his seat and ran to him. I turned the stove off and went to my brother.

"Atlas!" I exclaimed.

He opened his arms and welcomed me in his arms, "Hey. How's my ugly sister?"

I punched his shoulder lightly, "That sister is fine but how about me?"