ULTRVOILET

ULTRVOILET

How many hours have i been asleep? More then 3, felt like weeks. I blinked open my eyes, and noticed that i was still on the couch. Alone. I sat up, and turned myself over to the window, where the light of the moon came in.

"What time is it?" i asked, not expecting anyone to answer.

"Who. Who." the bird called to me, as if saying good morning. I looked over to the grandfather clock in the corner, and saw it was 10, almost 11. It took me a moment to remember Adam had gotten a call earlier today, saying he had to run off somewhere. Saying it was important. I told him i was OK here, not like I wouldn't. Adam claimed he would be home around 11, maybe 12. If any sooner he would call, but it being any sooner might be a long shot because there was a lot of work to be done, but he would call on his way home. Poor guy, he's almost always worried about something. But im not the one that dose skateboarding tricks when bored.

I sighed, noting Adam would be gone almost all night. Doesn't help he would be asleep half of it.

"Who. What dose Adam do for a living?" i asked the owl, hoping there was a slight chance the bird would learn how to talk in a quick instant. But of coarse, that happening was a slighter chance then me getting my memory back in less then 3 minutes. Just to make the odds fair.

"Who." was the only answer. I looked over at Who, as he tilted his head back to me, like i could understand his words. I wish.

"Thanks buddy, but i don't speak owl."

I jumped up, when the phone rang, with the first thought of it being Adam, telling me he would be here in less then a minute. Or he would be out longer. The land line rang another time, yelling at me to hurry up and answer it.

I ran to the phone, and placed it against my ear. "Adam?" i called into the phone, not reliving what I had just said.

"Who's this?" A woman's voice asked, as if i was trying to call her.

"umm..." i thought for a minute. Its not Adam. Its a woman. Maybe like a aunt or a cousin? "You called here." i reminded her. "who are you?"

"Wheres Adam?" she asked, sounding as if ready to bite my head off.

"He's out." i answered.

"where?" she cried.

"Who are you?" i asked, trying to sound like she did seconds ago. But i felt scared, i hope she didn't notice.

"Look, I don't know who you are, or what your doing in Adams house, but I'm his girlfriend. And if i hear about you being in the same room as Adam, i will hurt you." she threatened.

"I'm going to ask again. Who are you?" i cried.

"Ever hear of a AnniMarie?" she asked, then put the phone down with a slam, before i could ask anything else. She knew i knew Adam. She knew i was at his house. And i only knew her name, and that she was Adams girlfriend. This is the same Adam i know right? I mean, Adam never said anything about an AnniMarie. Wait-

"Goodnight. Annimarie"

Was it really her? Annimarie was Adams girlfriend? She said herself, and Adam even said it in his sleep. Was I in the middle of something while Adam has a girlfriend? Who is Adam? The phone brought me back to reality again. I was afraid to even by close to it now, as her voice sat in my mind reminding me i was cuddling up to someone with a girlfriend. Was i really living in a dream, that just be a nightmare?

With the fear of her in my mind, i picked up the phone, slower this time.

"H-hello?" i said into the gray phone.