butterfly wings

Chapter 3- butterfly wings

“Jeannine.” a sweet voice called into my ear.

“go away! i’m sleeping!” i whinnied.

“Jeannine. wake up! no more sleeping!” the voice said again, now sitting on the bed. but, i rolled over, so my back was to the voice, named Adam.

“no! i refuse!” i cried, now fully awake. Adam wandered to the other side of the bed, where i laid, with my eyes wide open, and a smile on my face. i quickly hid under the blankets.

“oh...so your asleep?” Adam asked. i heard his strong footsteps wander all around the wooden floor.

“yep.” i answered, trying to keep from laughing.

“so, if i say i made a big breakfast, with pancakes, and eggs, and hash browns would you wake up?”

i though a little. “hmm...sounds tempting...but no.”

“what about candy?”

“sounds good...no”

“how about the farmers market today?”

i sat up at that. “now you got it!” i cried. Adam gave a short laugh. he wore a brown and green plaid shirt, with jeans i couldn’t fit, and heavy sneakers. his hair was fixed up all nicely. compared to him i looked like a wreak. my hair was a mess, and my morning face. how could Adam look at me? he smiled, as if he were looking for something in my eyes. then, something in him, relieved we better get going.

“come on! come on!” Adam cried, clapping his hands. 

i began to reach for my clothes i had wore yesterday, but Adam stopped me.

“oh no. you don’t have to wear those dirty clothes.” i looked at the pants, that were covered in grass stains and dirt. yep dirty. i threw the jeans back onto the floor, and looked at Adam, as he handed me a large paper bag. it contained shower supplies, new jeans, a new shirt, new shoe’s, new socks, and some hair stuff. “go hop in the shower really quick.” i stood up, and ran into the bathroom. in the bathroom, i stole 2 towels, and placed them on the closed toilet seat. and saw a radio on the top shelf. standing on the toilet, i reached and took the radio down. it was obviously a very old red radio. it had a battery pack, and the fact that it looked in good shape, Adam must have gotten it from a family member.

“hey Adam?” i called, poking my head out the bathroom door.

“yeah?” he called from the kitchen.

“can i use this radio?”

“go ahead!” i shut the door, and turned on the radio.

the host guy said the name of the song and the group, but i wasn’t listening. i was testing out the shower water. soon, i was in the shower, already washing the conditioner bubbles out of my hair. i was already half done with my shower, when a song came on, that was very lovely.

If i was a raindrop

would you be my thunderstorm?

It's cold so surround me

With rain clouds to keep me warm

I feel like I'm falling

So darling don't let me go” the radio sang. beautiful i might add. i was humming along, liking this song. then, something came back. i started to stumble around, feeling like i needed to run from something. i slipped, and bang my head on the bath tub hose thing. i began to breath heavier and heavier, when i felt something run down my cheek. i wiped it with my finger, hoping that it was suds from the hair wash. but nope. i saw bright red juice dripping from my head. i pulled myself up, but felt like i couldn’t move my legs. i pulled my self where, i was sitting. i pulled my legs to me, and hugged my bear body against my legs. and the shower beat down on my back. i felt as if i couldn’t move, as the memories rode back to me, yet non reminded me of who i was.