strawberry avalanche

chapter 5- strawberry avalanche

hours passed, as we walked through the farmers market, and saw many nice things. Adam offered to buy a couple things i looked at, but i refused to let him buy me anything. i was already causing enough trouble, by living with the guy. by the time we had walked around 2 times, it was around 6. and the shops were closing up for the day.

“Jeannie. ready to go home?” Adam asked.

“yep.” i replied, following Adam to the car. but before i could go anywhere, someone called us over.

“Adam! come here for a sec!” we walked over to a small shop with a many, not so skinny. he had a a small white mustache, and wore glass’s. “Adam. who’s this young lady?” he asked, looking at me.

“oh, this is Jeannie. she lost her memories, and now i’m just keeping her in, until she remembers a bit more.” Adam explained, never telling the same story twice.

“oh. that’s too bad.” the man said. he reached his hand across the to table to me. “hi Jeannie, i’m Dave. i’m the one who taught Adam here all about taking care of his owl.”

i smiled, as he said something about the bird.

“who, is very kind to me. almost as kind as Adam.” i said.

“good. that bird hate my guts, even though i by the food for him!” Adam and Dave laughed at his “joke”

“so Adam. i didn’t call you over here so i could find out about your lady. i called you over here to see if you wanted these.” Dave reached in a create and pulled out a large container of strawberry’s. “the wife was suppose to eat these for her lunch, but she left early to get back to the shop.” Dave explained.

“sure, we’ll take them off your hands.” Adam said, reaching for the berry’s.

soon, we were leaving with a large container of strawberry’s.

we began to drive home, but instead of going right home, we stopped at the park. Adam pulled out a blanket, and carried it and the strawberry’s to a hill. when we got there i decided to question.

“Adam. why’d we come here?” i asked.

“we’ll, by tomorrow, these strawberry’s will all be bad, so we should eat them today. and instead of eating them at home, i thought i would be nice to eat them, while watching the sun set.” Adam explained. and we did just that. we watched the sun go down, and ate the tasty berry’s.

“hey Adam. thanks for bringing me out here.” i thanked. i looked over at the man next to me, and saw his eyes closed, and his face turned to me, as if he was watching me before he fell asleep. i leaned in close to his ear. “Adam?” i called.

“yea?” he asked, with his sleepy tone.

“thank you.” i said. i felt, as if he had heard me, but he didn’t. he probably wouldn’t remember anything i say. 

he probably wouldn’t remember anything i say.

anything.

“Adam. your amazing!” i said, in a low voice so he wouldn’t hear anything. “and i really like you.” this was even quieter. i felt as if i had just gotten away with something. like i was almost home free. almost safe. so close. yet...so far.

“Jeannie.” he called, startling me. did he hear me? no, maybe not. maybe just saying his last comment, like he did last time. the last time, he had called my name like that with a sleepy voice, like that. he kissed me. he made my heart flutter. made me feel loved.