Chapter 7: part I

x I present part I of Chapter 7; part II coming sooooooon.

Thank you for reading

(I do not own Naruto, Kishimoto does, I only own the funky OC) x

---

Shikamaru had turned towards the corridor on his right and disappeared. I didn't go after him. I wouldn't go after him; I had my pride, too. The regret was instant, bubbling in my chest for mixing my words with my emotions. I knew that I could only point fingers at my own immature behaviour.

I turned towards the olive-coloured door, letting a few silent minutes pass by while I contemplated whether or not to rebelliously invade the Nara's bedroom. But the pipes within the house suddenly moaned and from outside came a loud thump to join. The atmosphere became slightly unnerving and caused me to manoeuvre my legs towards the direction Shikamaru had strutted off in. It still remained an unfamiliar part of the house, but I continued on.

I smiled appreciatively at the miniature square windows, carved into the long wall on my left. They revealed cinematic and picturesque images of the scenery outside. Every time I passed by a single window, its shadow and the reflecting rays of sunlight would glide over me. I quickened my pace and this time the shadows danced with the light like an on-going romance.

A few steps later, a delicate cream vase, sat upon a small stool presented itself to me. Above it was a large and artistic frame, crafted to be a thousand roses. It protected a picture of a family of deer that were surrounded by a luminous sunset. I breathed out a sigh of relief. I had seen these decorative objects before, situated a few feet away from the well-lit corridor that held my guest room.

I proudly began making my way again, memorising the route I was taking while looking around the house some more. When I had finally reached my room, I discreetly glanced towards Shikamaru's temporary bedroom, more for my curiosity rather than my annoyance. The door was still left open and I wondered; was it because of me? I pictured Shikamaru setting the door to where it was suspiciously standing. I imagined him hearing my galloping footsteps through the open gap. And I secretly hoped he knew that I was able to make it to my room without him.

However, I discarded all those thoughts, thinking that the Nara wouldn't do that, for only two reasons. He had left me without a single moment of hesitation, probably because I had managed to offend him so much... and he seemed pretty lazy and careless.

"So much for being an escort" I mumbled, still believing that I wasn't in the wrong.  I quietly stepped into my guest room, as if to not break the humming silence that began ever since Shikamaru had left me.

---

My eyelids slowly opened to greet the mist of darkness within my guest room, which separated me from a deep sleep. The light pulling weight on my eyelids and the chilling, noiseless atmosphere surrounding me signalled that it was late. Very late.

I sighed tiredly, turning to my side so I could afall back to sleep again but it was hopeless. Restlessness had already crept up on me and had chased all my drowsiness away. How was I going to spend my time until my eyes closed once more?

With that thought, came an abrupt noise that rattled from outside my guestroom. I speedily climbed out of the bed with a sudden boost of energy; sudden fear. I hesitated for a minute, before swiftly pulling the door open. The corridor had lost its light and I took it as a silent warning. But before I could fully close the door, I noticed that the lights in Shikamaru's room were still on. The sound that I had previously heard, erupted in my mind, making me think horrible things. Was Shikamaru hurt? The next question was as equally horrifying; who had hurt him?

I pictured enemy shinobi, with their blood lust and powers, ruthlessly breaking in to find their prey. I bitterly placed my feet outside my guestroom, shivering with fear and regret, but I couldn't retreat now, I couldn't question myself or my actions; that was how I made it to Konoha on my own. But I was really a coward, hidden behind an unorthodox and awkward personality. I had always been a coward, I was born as one, but I knew I had to change.

I slowly stepped towards the guest room that was basked with an attractive, glowing light, a beautifully hypnotising trap attracting its bugs of prey. My every breath and swallow. My every step and scuffle. They were too loud. My hands were positioned in front of me, curled away as if to avoid the danger. My hair tickled my face, neck and ears, sending cold shivers down my spine. I waited in front of the door. I couldn't bring myself to enter. I needed a push.

And then his powerful words came back to me, giving me strength to walk through the open gap with wavering determination.

"There's no way I'm going to accept her as my real sister. Cowards don't belong in this family, cowards don't even belong in this country and unluckily for her, she was born as one. So tell her to go away and never come back, or I'll... I'll ... I'll keep hurting her until she's scared of even herself."

---

x I tried to create suspense but I don't know if that worked out for me.

I hope you guys enjoyed part I of this chapter, if not, forgive me, I'll do better next time.

Happy reading and you're all wonderful x