Chapter 2

2nd part!

Thank you for reading.

{I do not own Naruto, Kishimoto does. I own the lovely OC}

...

"Are you going to tell me who you are, or do I have to force it out of you?"

I breathed out and told myself to keep calm. "Before asking for my name, you should introduce yourself; it is basic etiquette" I uttered clearly and carefully.

The male shinobi walked forward and my legs unwillingly did the same. "And why would I need do that? It would be troublesome if a woman like you knew my name."

I couldn't help but scoff. The shinobi had a slight ego and from my own experience, I knew having too much confidence was the best way to bring about disaster. I observed the male shinobi in front of me with cautious eyes, deciding to take a forward approach. I needed to see the Hokage; I couldn't waste any more time.

 "If... If you don't feel like telling me, that's fine. But since I will need to address you, I'll call you Shadow Guy in place of your real name" I announced, forcing the shaking words from my mouth. "I would like you to take me to see the Hokage... please, let me go" I pleaded. The air around me was filled with suspense that I could hardly breathe. Waiting for a response filled me with nervousness and regret, and I inaudibly cursed at myself for being so brash. 

After a moment, the male shinobi, Shadow Guy, sighed and joined his fingers together. "Release" he said, and instantly the shadow outstretched between us left my shadow and crawled back to its user. "You still need to tell me who you are"he reminded as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

It had stopped raining and the sun appeared from behind a cloud. The sky had turned an even brighter blue and the clouds floated gracefully along it; it was warmer weather than I had ever felt in the Land of Iron. I pulled my hood back, revealing  the long strands of my dark brown hair. I pulled in my lips, to hold back the pleased smile that was fighting to come out. I was shocked that Shadow Guy had actually let me go, and felt that maybe, just maybe, there was no need for panic. I turned around, towards the way I had been walking. "I just need to speak with the Hokage. My name doesn't matter."

I heard the shinobi's footsteps scuffling towards me. He stopped when he was right beside me. "Why does a person like you need to speak with the Hokage?"

I smirked and grabbed the strap of my backpack, pulling it tighter around my shoulder. The other strap hung loosely. "And why would I need to tell you that? It would be annoying if a man like you knew my plans" I retorted slyly, getting the shinobi back for his earlier remark.

Shadow Guy sighed in response. "How troublesome.. since you've already decided for me, I'll just have to take you, even though I'd just left." 

He then started to walk the way he came, turning to a path on his left.

I followed him, trying my best to keep up. I turned left and kept walking along the narrow path. I saw a flash of Shadow Guy's ponytail and his green jacket before they disappeared around another corner. "How big is this place?" I thought to myself, moving my legs slightly quicker. 

I followed in his footsteps for a while longer, before following Shadow Guy towards a very large building. I breathed out in relief and then smiled; I was finally going to meet the Hokage.

....

I followed Shadow Guy up the long, tiresome staircase, with stairs that seemed never-ending. "So many... stairs" I breathed helplessly. Shadow Guy gave me a spiritless look; it made me quieten down.

After escaping the staircase, we walked along a silent corridor and stopped outside a large door, which was different from the rest. Shadow Guy raised his hand,  about to knock, but the door suddenly opened. A teenage girl, with short pink hair stepped out. She was reading the paper work in her hands and didn't see the male shinobi in front of her. She bumped into him, and it startled her enough to make her drop some of the papers she was reading. "Sa- Ah! Troublesome woman" droned Shadow Guy, who bent down to pick up the papers fromthe floor.

"Eh! Don't give me that, you appeared out of nowhere" the girl said firmly, placing her hands on her hips.

Two of the pieces had landed near me, so I bent down and picked them up. I saw Shadow Guy give the papers he had collected, back to the pinkette. "Sorry Sakura... say, the Hokage isn't busy right now, is she?" asked the male shinobi, glancing towards the large door.

The pinkette, Sakura, shook her head. "No, she isn't, she's taking a break." Her eyes then found mine, before glancing towards the papers in my hand. She walked towards me and smiled.

"Can I..?" she asked, pointing to the papers. I smiled awkwardly as I returned them to her

"Arigato" she thanked warmly.

"Are you here to see the Hokage?" the pinkette suddenly asked. I nodded and then urgently looked at Shadow Guy behind her. He sighed, knocking on the door.

"Come in" came a booming voice from inside the room. It was the voice of a woman.

Shadow Guy did as he was told, and walked into the room; the door was left slightly ajar. Sakura breathed out with a smile,  catching my attention. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Sa-"

"SAKURA! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO GIVE THOSE REPORTS TO SHIZUNE!" the woman shouted again, making me jump. The pinkette stiffened and immediately started running  past me.

"Sorry! I hope we meet again" I heard her say from behind me. And then the sound of her footsteps disappeared. My eyes were widened from slight shock

"Scary" I instantly thought to myself. I cautiously walked towards the room Shadow Guy had entered through, to stand just opposite the door. It would soon be time for my own entrance.

...

Shikamaru: Troublesome story.

Me: {Puts my hair into a high ponytail} Hey! I look like you now.

Shikamaru: Troublesome woman. Leave me...

Me: ... *heart breaks* Comment, vote, fan and happy reading! x