Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6 IS FINALLY FINISHED.

This chapter took me ages to finish because Shikamaru is a hard person to understand and write about, and I've been busy packing. I'm going on holiday!

I also changed the title of this story, so I hope you guys don't mind. And "Denshitoakuma" basically means "A Demon With An Angel".

I hope you enjoy this chapter, I loved writing it x

---

The Nara family's kitchen was much too big. The walls were painted in a midnight blue and the floor was laminated with dark brown wood. At the back of the kitchen, there was a wide window that was just a few inches above a sparkling sink, a glossy cooker and stylish counter tops. The sink was positioned right in the middle of the wall, with the cooker and then a counter top on its left, and two other counter tops on its right.

Nearest to the door, to the right side of the kitchen, stood a large wooden cupboard, its doors made out of glass that were rimmed with wood. The rest of the wall was partially covered with four other counter tops, one of which joined to those at the back. To the left side of the kitchen, nearest to the door, was a very large fridge that was even wider than the wooden cupboard, and three other counter tops along with it, one of which also joined to those at the back.

The counter tops in the kitchen were all small cupboards with baby blue tiling at the top. And right in the centre of the room, was the low dining table, sat preciously on a vivid, red rug. And to sit on, there was a mixture of several different coloured pillow seats, that were either baby blue, orange, maroon or navy. The dining table was already set with the cutlery and the very-well presented food in a line along the middle.

I realised that Shikamaru had already taken his place at the table, his chin resting in his right hand and his left arm sprawled across his lap. "Finished?" he asked me.

I smiled sheepishly at him and took my place at the table, just opposite the shinobi. "Your kitchen... I think it's bigger than my whole house" I declared, continuing to look around the with widened eyes.

"You sure know how to exaggerate" Shikamaru responded.

I turned my attention back to the him. "You know what I mean... SG."

Shikamaru furrowed his brows, evidently confused by my new and more practical nickname for him. "Shadow Guy... is kind of a mouthful" I explained, answering Shikamaru's unspoken question while examining the food in front of me. It all looked so amazing.

Shikamaru sighed, laying back on his arms. "You sure are lazy for a woman who comes from the Land of Iron."

"Hmm, and you sure know a lot about me" I sighed, looking at the shinobi with a concerned glance.

Shikamaru raised his brows, evidently not expecting me to respond like that. He shrugged his shoulders and his lips stretched out into a small smirk. "I'm your escort and you're my mission, I have to at least know the basics." And for a second, my heart fluttered.

"I-I see. I hope it's just the basics then" I responded with a slight frown. 

"You're too secretive... I guess it would be stranger if you weren't" Shikamaru retorted with a knowing expression.

"Is that you're way of saying that I'm suspicious?" I asked with raised brows. 

Something in Shikamaru's expression had changed; he looked surprised, but I only witnessed it for a moment. 

"If you're asking me how I find you... you're troublesome."

I was shocked, not expecting that kind of offensive answer. "Well Shikamaru-san, the feeling is mutual."