Chapter 5

5th chapter after 9285396 years!

{I do not own Naruto, Kishimoto does 'cause he's a genius}

...

It felt like the air had suddenly thickened. I remained quiet as I followed Shikamaru around his house.

We only walked for a short moment before Shikamaru led me to a well lit corridor with six rooms evenly spaced out on both golden walls.

Shikamaru walked to the second room on the left. I walked forward and stood just opposite him. "My mission is to be your escort around Konoha, so I'll be staying in that guest room" Shikamaru began to explain, pointing to the room furthest on the right.

"Your room has its own bathroom, you can freshen up in there. I'll be outside your room in 20 minutes and I'll show you around after dinner" the shinobi specified in a dull manner, before walking off towards his own room.

"Shadow Guy!" I said quickly, sticking out my hand. Shikamaru turned to face me.

"Sorry... for all the trouble" I apologised with a grateful smile.

A ghostly smirk barely graced Shikamaru's lips. "Stop with that name, Hachi. You've already met me, but now you're going to directly meet my parents. You better go and prepare yourself."

Shikamaru then opened the door to his room and walked in.

I bit my lip, wondering what he had meant by that. I breathed out, taking in the fact that the Hokage had ordered Shikamaru to become my escort around Konoha. Though I didn't fully trust him, I knew that I had to rely on him, if I wanted to stay in Kenosha. I resolved to opening up to him a little, and no matter how much he complained, the nickname had to stay. I waited till Shikamaru's door had fully closed before turning towards my own room. 

I twisted the golden handle and pushed my door open. I stepped in to see that the bed was in front of me, the headboard resting against the wall closest to my right arm. The window was two steps away from the bed, and it had a window seat built in with it.

The walls were all painted a dark blue with dark green carpet as the floor. A chest of drawers sat opposite the bed, a simple, thin and cream vase on top of it. A single pink rose was placed inside. High on the wall, there was a clock above the chest of drawers. It read "9:00".

Next to the chest of drawers was the door to the bathroom. It was a wide door that you had to push and pull across to open or close. On the other side of the bathroom door was a small makeup desk, with an oval mirror and a decorated wooden stool. A hairbrush, a tub of cream, an extra-toothbrush, and a towel lay on the desk. A coat rack, shaped like black branches, stood near the desk.

Near the door of the room was a large wooden cupboard, the doors of the object outlined in gold paint. A low, wide table was placed at the end of my bed and two cushion seats were placed to face it.

I closed the door behind me and walked to the bathroom, taking my backpack with me; I grabbed the towel and tub of cream off the desk on the way and pushed the door across to reveal the bathroom.

There was a bathtub on the right, and opposite that was a cabinent made from white painted wood. In front of me was the toilet and a few steps away, along the same wall, was the shower. The sink was near the bathtub, along the same wall as the doors.

Sliding the bathroom door closed, I walked towards the shower and placed the towel with the other objects on top, on the floor.

I unzipped my bag and took out my night clothes; a grey kimono dress that flowed up to my knees, with long wide sleeves, along with plain, black leggings. I mentally noted that after dinner and the tour of the house, I would get to washing my clothes.