thirty one

Brooke's POV

It's been a week since everything at the station went down. After all the chaos, the police found Matt dead in a river. He drowned, which was his worst fear. I started to feel bad for the kid, until I found out he was obsessed with Allison. Literally, he has been Photoshopping pictures of them together for weeks. He's also been photographing her while she's in her bedroom. Stalker.

The only positive, Sheriff Stilinski got his job back.

I haven't spoke to the boys in a while, we've all been busy with our own problems. Stiles has been taking counseling sessions for several things, mostly anxiety,and Scott is dealing with his mom finding out about him. She's been avoiding him ever since she saw him wolf out, locking herself in her bedroom when they're home together.

Of course I feel bad for Scott, his mother is all he has left. He also hasn't been talking to Allison either, which is partially her choice.

Ever since her mother died, she's been all for the dark side. She's dead set on killing Derek, which adds another reason for us to not be friends.

I have been spending my spare time with the betas, joining in on their training sessions and staying home when I could be out with Scott and Stiles, if they were hanging out, which they're not.

This has caused my relationships with the betas to grow. Erica isn't as bad as everyone says she is, in fact, she's one of the coolest people I know. Boyd is a sweetheart. He will join in our our joking, but for the most part, he's kept to himself.

My feelings for Isaac have grown as well, which doesn't frighten me as much as it did before. His bad boy image still stands when we're in public, but when it's just me and him, he's a loveable goofball who couldn't hurt a fly.

If only he would show other people the real him.

But, a few days ago, Derek and his pack have gone into hiding. Why? Because Gerard is the one who has killed Matt, which makes him the new Kanima Master.

And since I am also a Hale, in danger of being killed, I've gone into hiding with them.

I said my goodbyes to Stiles, telling him to relay them onto Scott. Maybe that will force them to talk. Then, we left for the woods.

For some reason, Derek decided the old house was the best place to hide. I, however, think that it's the most obvious place ever.

When we arrived, mine and Derek's car were to be parked in the trees where they could be seen. I immediately got the chills as I walked through the front doors of my old home, reliving the moments of the fire. This seems to happen when I don't visit in a while, like the ghosts of my family are punishing me for abandoning them.

Isaac seems to notice my tenseness, placing his hand on my back. I turn and look up to the tall blonde, giving him a smile before pushing further into the house, throwing my bag onto the dusty couch.

"Do you know how long we're going to be here?" I question my older brother, who has dropped his belongings by the stairs.

He shakes his head, "As long as we need to be"

I roll my eyes at his bluntness, watching as Isaac drops beside me. I throw my head on his shoulder, which makes Derek stiffen. In the last week he has gathered that the two of us have feelings for each other, but we have yet to talk about it. He's not going to be delighted.

Isaac glances down at me, "You worried about the game?"

I gasp, sitting up straight, "The championship game! How could I forget?"