ten

Brooke's POV

I wake up the next morning to Derek being thrown through our "living room" wall. When I realize that Scott is the one who threw him, I immediately run back up the stairs and hide. Scott can't know I'm here, I don't know how I would explain that.

"Cute" I hear Derek mutter before wolfing out. That's when the fighting really begins, claws out and thrashing.

It dies down after a while and I can hear Scott breathing heavily.

"I didn't kill him. Neither of us did. It's not your fault and it's not mine" Derek tells Scott.

"This?" Scott yells. "This is all your fault! You ruined my life!"

"No, I didn't." Derek growls

"You're the one who bit me!" Scott shouts. Oh young teen wolf, how little you know.

Derek then goes on and tells Scott about the alpha and that they are just betas. Scott now understands that the alpha bit him, and is more powerful and dangerous than the three of us combined. After asking a few questions, Scott leaves our house. I trot down the stairs to see Derek without a scratch on his body.

"When are we gonna tell him about me?" I cross my arms.

"He will find out once he learns how to use his abilities." Derek sits on the couch.

"Stiles and Scott would hate me if they found out I was lying to them this whole time" I plop down next to him.

Derek glances at me, clenching his jaw. "You'll know when the time is right"

I swear my brother is Yoda Wolf when he feels like being useful. I stand up from my position in the couch and go to find something to eat.
~~

Gunshots. I hear gunshots as I watch my brother jump onto a roof, trying to catch the alpha. I ignored Derek's order to stay inside tonight. Instead, I decided to follow him out. I'm sure he knows but is to preoccupied jumping across buildings to yell at me.

I flinch when I hear a car door closing. To my right, I see Kate Argent pointing a gun towards the roof. As Derek jumps in between buildings, Kate fires her gun, hitting Derek in the arm.

"No!" I shout, instantly covering my mouth. I back up in the shadows and pray she didn't hear me, Also that the bullet didn't have anything in it that could kill Derek. Like wolfsbane,mistletoe,or mountain ash.

I watch Derek fall to the ground and the wind is knocked out of him. I run to him quickly and bend down to him.

"Derek! Oh my god are you ok?" I panic.

He holds his hand out, asking for help up. I pull him up and support his weight on me.

"We gotta get out of here" he says as he begins running off

When we get to my car, I put him in the passenger seat. I notice that his wound is glowing purple.

"What is that?" I panic again.

"Nothing. It's nothing" he puts it off.

"Obviously it's something, it's not a normal bullet" I speed home.

"Don't worry about it. It's not gonna kill me" He widens his eyes.

I let out a deep, shakey breath, and continue our drive home.
~

I begged Derek to let me stay home with him today, but he forced me to school. I know that bullet is hurting him due to his paleness this morning. Of course he wouldn't tell me if he's in pain, he would never want to worry me.