twenty two

Brooke's POV

Gym class, my least favorite time of day. Unless you count chemistry class, then that's definitely the worst. Scott and Allison are on the climbing wall right now. They seem to be flirting with each other, and I can tell because Scott keeps looking at Allisons butt.

The flirting ends when Allison kicks Scotts foot and sends him falling down the wall. He has a harness on, so he stops an inch before his body hits the ground. Everyone laughs, especially coach.

"Alright, next two. Stilinski and Erica. Let's go" Coach orders.

Stiles and I both huff in  disappointment. We had a plan to race each other up. He places a bet, whoever lost had to buy pizza for movie night. I took the bet knowing I could win.

Erica slowly glances over at Stiles and me. Her hair is knotted and obviously hasn't been brushed in days. She's wearing a long sleeved t shirt and sweats. I stare at her going up the wall, a bit confused as to where she came from. I've never seen this girl in my life.

"Her names Erica Reyes. She has some sort of seizure disorder, so no one wants to be her friend" Scott whispers in my ear. He has caught his breath from the big fall earlier.

"That's pretty mean" I cross my arms, now feeling sorry for the blonde.

"You're not her friend either" Scott tries to defend himself and all the other people at Beacon Hills High.

"That's because I didn't even know she existed" I narrow my eyes at him. His lips form a straight line and we both look back up to her.

Stiles has already been up and back down, and he is now celebrating with a victory dance. Erica is stuck up the wall and is beginning to hyperventilate.

"Erica, dizzy? Is it vertigo?" Coach asks her, getting a confused stare from everyone in the room.

"Vertigo is a dysfunction of the vestibular system. She's just freaking out" Lydia points out, sounding smart for once.

Erica shouts that she's fine, but I still glance up in worry.

"It's not safe, you know she's epileptic" Allison tells coach, putting a name to what Scott was describing.

"Why does no one tell me is stuff? Erica, you're-you're fine. Just kick off from the wall. There's a mat to catch you" Coach is sympathetic, trying to get the now crying girl to drop to safety.

She finally lets go and drops down safely. When she turns around, everyone but a few start laughing at her. Allison and I look at each other with sadness as I follow after Erica, who is jogging out of the room.

"Hey, Erica. Wait up!" I shout, getting her attention.

She stops in the middle of the hall and stares back at me, "Did you come to laugh at me some more?"

"Wh-no, No," I pause. I'm not actually sure why I followed after her,"Those people are jerks and you shouldn't let them get to you. I'm sure half of them couldn't have made it as high as you did"

She shows me a small smile before wiping a tear, "Thanks. You're the first person that actually cares"

I hold my hand out, "Brooke Williams"