FORTY ONE. REAL LIFE

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
( real life!! )

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE( real life!! )

Amelia had a wide smile grazed on her lips, after she blew out the candles from her birthday cake that everyone was ready to dig in. They finished delivering a toast with their alcohol filled glasses, clapping for Amelia, mirroring her joyous state.

Amelia was delighted to see everyone come together  on her special day, and there were a handful of people she hadn't seen in a while. It felt really nice to reconnect with the people she loved most. Moreover, it warmed her heart when she caught a glimpse of everyone in front of her with their beaming features. Amelia was satisfied and she couldn't ask for anything more, to say the least.

As the night treaded on, she furrowed her eyebrows noticing a certain someone wasn't present in the table, or moreso room. Amelia didn't get a chance to actually strike up a conversation with him the whole night, so the girl saw it as the perfect moment when Zendaya and Alycia became too engrossed in the conversation with her parents.

Amelia spotted Sebastian glancing at his phone before putting it away to face her.

"Hey, have you seen—"

"Chad? He's outside," Sebastian interjected while Amelia handed him an astonishing look, slightly narrowing her eyes.

She chuckled. "How did you know I was looking for him?"

"I figured." He casually shrugged, with a corner of his lips tugging up.

She hummed, a faint smile playing on her mouth. "I'm going to go outside, to get fresh air."

Sebastian muttered an 'okay', watching her get up from her seat.

"Amelia," he called out once more, crossing his fingers she had heard him over the restaurant's music and the mixed chatters of people.

"Yeah?"

He glanced down at the table before meeting her eyes, with a serious gaze. "It's good to see you."

"I missed you too, Seb."

Pushing the glass door open, she turned her head to search for Chadwick, fidgeting her fingers out of nervousness that had sprung up inside her for no apparent reason. Or maybe there was.