THIRTEEN. REAL LIFE

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
( real life!! )

CHAPTER THIRTEEN( real life!! )

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

"I can't believe I just talked to the production designer for your movie. I'm still in shock for some reason." The girl shook her head in disbelief. Amelia never really though it to be Hannah, the main production designer for his new film, who she was expected to meet at the party.

Nevertheless, she was ecstatic it was someone who she actually aspired to be. It was someone who valued their own culture, by giving others a chance to be able to see it unfold in her own work. It was also understandable that Michael looked up to her.

"She's a wonderful person, I understand how you feel. Told you, you'd thank me later."

"You also told me that you'd invite only a couple of people," she chuckled, making him glare at her jokingly. "I'm kidding, it's cool."

"My bad, I got carried away." The corner of his mouth tugged upwards, slightly showing his teeth of pearly white.

"I can't thank you enough. Can you believe? She told me she'd give me a call if she ever needed my help," she spoke in awe, her eyes lit in pure excitement. "I'm sorry, I'm just so excited because I didn't expect it to be this close, you know with actually being able to work on an actual set."

"No need to be sorry, you have every right to feel excited. You're kind of cute when you're all enthusiastic." He looked away for a split second, as Amelia let his words sink in. "You—uh, are you free this week?"

"I'll, um, let you know if I'm busy. Why?" She stuttered, locking their eyes.

"I don't know if you'd want to but I wanted to ask if you were up to go out. Like for dinner." A slight smile lingering on his lips, he scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh, like a date?" Amelia could feel her heart beat faster in her chest.

"Whatever, you want to call it. I don't mind," he responded, fighting with the volume of the music that played in the house, raising his voice.

Amelia's eyes wandered around the room full of human beings. She liked Michael, she really did, but not in that way. At least not yet, who knows. Even if she were to feel that way about him, she wasn't exactly fond of being in a relationship right after previous one didn't exactly end in the way she wanted it to end. She didn't want to face heartbreak again.

It was all too much for her, she couldn't cope with her feelings for her previous partner forever, especially if he had decided to leave her so that she would be able to find someone 'better'. Maybe, it wouldn't be too bad after all.

"Yeah, sure, I'd like to go to dinner with you."

Amelia figured she'd ride with Zendaya home, after finding out that Alycia was too intoxicated to drive her home. Luckily, Frank offered to drive Alycia home and watch over her in the process, being a caring boyfriend he was.

The party still went on, hearing the thumps of the bass even if you were still outside Michael's home. There were people still coming in, however, Amelia wasn't surprised since Michael was a charismatic person and all.

As the duo got in the car, Amelia paused and turned her head to the side, immediately regretting her decision to do that.

That was when their eyes met, not for the shortest second but it took her a while to identify this person especially in the dark. She had to blink a couple of times to see if it was actually him.

His eyebrows were slightly furrowed and he had his hands in his pockets like always. He was probably waiting for someone, as he stood on the sidewalk patiently. With a serious demeanor, he kept their eyes locked looking at her as if he'd never wanted to look away.

However, Amelia mirrored his actions but she quickly remembered her surroundings. Snapping out of her short trance, she broke it off, leaving Chadwick alone in the night.

a note.

fuck they finally
saw each other again
in real life. my heart
is shook!

if there are any mistakes,
i apologize oops

and AMELIA,, bih WHAT
IS YOU DOIN !!