THIRTY-SEVEN. REAL LIFE

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
( real life & messages!! )

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN( real life & messages!! )

Silence filled the car once Michael and Amelia got in it. The premiere had just ended, along with the after party, and Amelia couldn't wait to go home and throw herself on her comfy bed. The restless, lengthy night finally came to an end and both individuals were exhausted.

"So," Michael and Amelia both began, noticing the quiet atmosphere in the vehicle.

Michael lightly chuckled, a smile grazing on his lips. "The movie was great, I had fun. Well, too much fun because I'm actually super tired."

"Yeah, me too," Amelia agreed, her eyelids growing heavier as she instinctively yawns.

Michael started the engine and began to drive in the darkened night sky. Amelia turns her head upward to observe the millions of stars directly above her, hoping she wouldn't fall asleep. The faint sound of music was the only thing heard in the car, and the silence protruded but not until Michael speaks up.

He reluctantly cleared his throat. "I've been, uh, waiting for the right time to ask you this question and I get it if you just want to stay friends," he paused, "I really like you and whenever we're together, you know, I'm just so happy."

Amelia turned towards him, a corner of her mouth is slightly tugged upward. But she can't help but glance down at her foot, avoiding his eyes.

"And I'm sorry if this isn't anything close to romantic. I was planning to ask you this entire night and I got really nervous, so why not get over it and do it now. So what do you say, Amelia, do you want to take things to the next level?"

"I...Michael..." Amelia felt a sense of pity in her chest. She didn't want to see him heartbroken, she'd just end up feeling it too. Especially if it was someone she actually cared about.

"Again, I understand if you don't want to," Michael reassured, his eyes focused on the road before them.

"Michael, I think you're a great guy. Really, I do. But I just see us as friends. I'm truly sorry." Amelia put her hand on his that laid on his lap. "Don't let this ruin our friendship, though."

Michael agreed, nodding his head. "Yeah, 'course. I'm glad it didn't. I kind of feared that it would in a way."

She hummed, as he continued. "It's cool. I was hoping you would say what you told me just now," Michael casually said, which made her eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh, how come?"

"I could tell you already fell for someone else."

a note.

okay yikes i did not
like my writing in this
chap. but hey when do
i ever ??

my poor bby michael
oh no oh no