Drabble Challenge ~ What You Know ~ Riku (For AmorettiElle)

Another drabble bites the dust! xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat down on the paopu tree with a bit of an agitated sigh.

"What?" Riku smirked as he leaned against the tree near its base.

"What what?" You rolled your eyes, already annoyed at him, so every little thing he did just seemed to piss you off.

"What's with all the huffing and sighing?" He asked, looking up at you wryly.

You crossed your arms and stared out at the sunset, trying to remain level-tempered. "I jut don't get it."

"What's not to get?" He sighed this time, exasperated from explaining it so many time.

"Why can't you just be happy here? Why are you so afraid that this is it, that we're all alone, just this one stinking world." You grumbled. He had some crazy idea in that thick skull of his to go gallivanting off into the sea to look for the other worlds he was so sure was out there. Frankly, you just thought he was being a dickhead.

"Just you wait. In a few weeks time, I'll be off this godawful island and the worlds will be mine for the taking."

"You sound like a Bond villain." You rolled your eyes.

"I don't mean it like that. I just wanna go see things no one else has seen, and find out what more there is to life. This can't be it." He looked passed the waters of the island where everyone came after school to hang out and over to the main island with a bored expression.

"Yeah, well, you keep your head up in the clouds like this you're never going to realize everything that's right in front of your face. The island is nice. You're the one with the problems."

"Look, I've already decided. I'm leaving. I want more than this. This is the right thing for me. I can feel it, this is just the sweet, sweet beginning."

"Whatever." You rolled your eyes. "You know you're never going to be happy if you keep doing this. You're just restless and managed to convince yourself that this is what you need."

"This is what I need. The raft is almost finished. You'll see." He patted you on the knee, then stood up to walk back to the smaller boats and go home.

You puffed out your cheeks and laid back on the tree, letting the air go. You closed your eyes and sat there to think. You didn't know how much time had passed before someone called out to you. 

"Yo, ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈, what're you doing up there?" Tidus pulled you from your thoughts.

"Everyone else has already gone home, ya?" Wakka added, chucking a blitzball at you, hitting you in the shin.

"Ow!"

"Come on you big baby." Tidus rolled his eyes and you sighed and sat up before hopping off the tree and joining them on the bridge.

"Hurry up you three! There's supposed to be a storm tonight." Selphie called from the dock where all the boats used to ferry everyone from the play island to the main island were tied up.

That day was the last time you saw him for a very long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two years go by

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were in your usual spot on the paopu tree, reclined back onto it with your feet dangling over the sides. This had always been your spot, but it was so different now. Riku wasn't leaning against the tree by your feet. Sora wasn't sitting by your head, letting you use his leg as a pillow. And even though Kairi still sat up there with you sometimes, there wasn't very much talking or laughter going on.