Drabble 6.) Angel ~Vanitas

You were trying to get your community service hours for school in by working to supervise the afterschool detentions. You were sitting at the front desk trying to do your homework, when Vanitas strolled into the room and slammed his detention slip down on your history textbook.

"Surprise, surprise...look who's here." You said, taking your eyes off the book to meet his mischievous golden eyes.

"I knew you'd be here and couldn't stay away. You know how much I love your company." He said with such mastery of the sarcastic arts that he almost sounded sincere.

"Aw, you'll make me blush." You rolled your eyes and picked up the note from your book. "So, what are you in for?" You asked as your eyes glanced over the note.

'Disruptive during class, use of profanity, antagonized other students, rude behavior and gestures, and back talking to authority figures.'

"At least you didn't set anything on fire." You sighed, placing his note in the tray with the rest of the detention slips.

"Not this time." He grinned and you rolled your eyes again, not sure if he was kidding. "I have another one." He said, pulling out a different detention slip.

"Are you serious?"

"Do I ever make jokes?" he handed you the slip and it more or less read the same thing from a different teacher.

"Jesus, Van, you need to be more careful what you say. Graduation is coming up soon, don't get expelled. I've had to deal with you for 4 years, at least make it mean something." You scolded as you put his second detention slip in your pocket so he wouldn't get ISS (in school suspension) for getting in trouble twice in the same day after a straight week of afterschool detentions.

"If you want it to mean something, you could finally take me up on my offer for a date. Put the books down, and we can make some trouble right here and now." He smirked, leaning on over the desk on his palms, so his face was a few inches from yours.

"Like I said, careful what you say." You smirked back, seeing that his hand was resting on your notebook. You slid it away and he stumbled a bit. He stood up with a chuckle and put his hands in his pockets.

"You know, I should get more credit for what I don't say."

"I'm sure that vile little head of yours thinks plenty of thoughts that don't need to be vocalized...for your sake and ours."

"I've already explained this. I don't like these people. True, I don't like most people, but these teachers and kids? I could start my own religion based on how much I dislike you all. The fact that I haven't done anything more then 'bully' a few kids with profanity, shows astounding character strength on my part."

"You're a real saint, Vanny, you know that?" You rolled your eyes again at him.

"I'm a fucking angel."

"So says your detention slip." You shot back, getting back to your history book. He put a hand on the book and the other under your chin to make you look up at him.

"Well, I may be no angel, but that's what I have you for. Let me go home?" he pleaded, tracing your jaw with his fingers.

"And get myself expelled? It's hard enough trying to keep your ass in check. Now go sit down, you've got two hours here."

"Ch, you're as bad as Saix." He said, intensifying his gaze on you, not dropping his hand from your face.

"Worse." You glared back and he grinned, leaned forward, and pressed his lips to yours. You jumped and squealed back from him covering your mouth with one hand and pointing out the door with the other.

"Out! Go away! Profanity is one thing, sexual assault is-"

"Assault? Oh please. You're blushing, you wanted it." he smirked, and your face reddened again, this time from rage.

"OUT! GET OUT!" You threw your history book at him as he scurried away. You sat back down in your chair and ran a hand through your hair, flustered.

Ven chuckled from his seat in the back of the room and you pelted the closest thing to you, the white board eraser, at his head. "Shut the fuck up, Ventus." You growled.

"As my lady angel commands." He grinned, and you facepalmed, realizing that there were about 10 other kids in the room besides Ven. Next time you had to deal with Vanitas, you would make sure you were alone.