Drabble 9.) Birthday ~Ichigo (for BSBTWFan)

"So you didn't get me a present." You growled bitterly.

"Presents are lame." he retorted boredly.

"Than you could have at least come to my party..."

"Aren't you a bit old for that? Besides, birthday parties are stupid too."

"Only to you." you grumbled as you walked home from school, gift-less for the fifth year in a row.

~~~~~~~2 years later~~~~~~~

You had given up on hoping for special treatment on your birthday, for more reasons then you were just upset for not getting a present. Besides, you were beginning to think it was a bit childish for you to want to get present from everyone now that you weren't 10, the first year Ichigo denied you a present.

Everyone at school had said they were going to throw you a party this year, saying that 18 was too big of a birthday for you to just sit at home and do nothing. They lead you up to the school roof, where they had a picnic set up under the stars. The cool thing about your birthday was it was held on the same day as a fireworks festival in the town square, just a few blocks from the school.

Everyone was mesmerized by the bright lights and food in their hands. They were all crowed by the edge of the building staring up at the sky too busy to notice you hanging behind them looking up blankly at the sky, seeing no beauty in the lights, and actually feeling kind of depressed. You sighed, thinking it would be hard for you to leave early without them noticing, then your phone began to buzz.

'Hey.' Ichigo's message read, and you almost closed your phone on the spot, but then decided to play it off.

'You couldn't even come to my 18th? 12th was stupid, I understand, but 18?' You replyed to him, hoping your anger wouldn't transfer over the text.

'Turn around.' the next message read.

"Huh?" you actually mumbled out loud after reading it. You looked behind you and noticed that there was someone standing in the shadows.

You walked back and were about to scold him for being late, even though he missed your last 2 all together, when he grabbed your wrist with one hand and put his other hand over your mouth to shut you up. Once you had calmed down from your spaz attack when he grabbed you, he let go of your arms and reached into his pocket, pulling out a small box.

You glared at him for still keeping his hand over your mouth, but opened the box nonetheless. Inside, there was a simple, but very pretty silver bracelet with the date of the day you met inscribed on the inside. He took it out of the box and slipped it over your writes, then got up to leave.

"H-hey!" you gasped out, kind of shocked that he would finally give something to you, you didn't even mean to, but when you cried out to him, you hand grabbed onto his arm, and pulled him back.

"≈≈≈≈≈≈..." Ichigo began as he looked down at you with wide eyes. He didn't want to be here to begin with.  

"I—uh—nevermind, you can go." you blushed, shoving him away.

His tensed muscels relaxed as he laughed seeming to realize something.

He came closer and leaned in, pressing his soft lips to yours, causing you to go completely stiff. "Happy birthday ≈≈≈≈≈≈." He said with a smirk as he walked away.

You were weak at the knees and literally fell into the wall for support. You realized that it wasn't the presents that you wanted...but him. As these thought ran through your head, you began to realize how cheesy this whole thing was. In the movies, after a moment like that, you were supposed to stay up there all night, ponder your feelings, then begin a deeper relationship over the course of the next few weeks with awkward, fumbling encounters...Fuck that. You took off after him, catching him as he walked through the halls towards the exit. You ran up to him, turned him around by the shoulder, shoved him against the lockers, and gave him the kiss you had both been waiting for for almost 8 years.