Drabble Challenge ~ Stutter~ Reno (For Armybrat213)

So, I promised Kyo (XxXJustBeFriendsXxX) that my next drabble would be about Reno, then I accepted Miki's (Armybrat213) song challenge...and well, when my laptop died last week, I lost both of those partly done drabbles, and since I'm probably the laziest person alive, I decided to just combine them into one thing instead of rewriting both of them! 

Well...let's see how this goes.

(P.S. the song Miki challenged me to use was Stutter by Maroon 5, which will hopefully be in the MM box.)   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reno was sitting in bed staring up at the ceiling, thinking. Well, it was more he was trying to stop himself from thinking, but that just made it harder. He sighed and looked over at the clock. 7:46 am. Shit. He'd need to go to work soon. He hadn't gotten any sleep tonight. Just like last night. And the night before.

No matter how much he tried, he just couldn't stop thinking about her. He wasn't the kind of guy to get hung up on girl...at least he didn't used to be. What could he say? He just wasn't himself these days.

He rolled over and picked up his phone to check his messages.

'Stop ignoring me damn it.' He thought as he looked at the phone.

"Hey ≈≈≈≈≈, what's going on?"

Sent at 8:05 p.m.

"Anyway, I know you're still mulling things over, but I just wanted to see if you go out for pizza with me."

Sent at 8:33 p.m.

"Helllloooo~? We doing this thing or not?"

Sent at 9:40 p.m.

He wasn't proud, but he started drinking around this point.

"You can't keep doing this to me. You need to let me know one way or the other. I'm sick of this shit."

Sent at 11:20 p.m.

"Pay some attention to me! I'm giving you everything there, the least you could do is answer me!"

Sent at 1:16 a.m.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem angry with you. I just want us to be together always, and it seem like you don't even care. If you're not interested in me, then just say it and I'll go find someone else...someone who will answer me!"

Sent at 1:56 a.m.

He shuddered and threw the phone back on the bed. He probably sounded like a crazy person. He probably wouldn't have responded to him either. He had sobered up, and was now in a state of disbelief. How could he say crazy shit like that? He should be locked up. Or at least not allowed near his phone after a few drinks.

His state of depression was broken by the sound of knocking at his door.

He sat up and looked at the front door of his loft apartment with a confused look. No one ever came to visit him this early in the morning.

He groggily climbed out of bed and clambered over to the door. The peephole was broken, so he just had to open it up to find out who was there.

"Good morning sleepyhead!" ≈≈≈≈≈≈ beamed as soon as he opened the door wide enough to look out. She was carrying a box of donuts with two jumbo-sized coffees balanced on top of it.

"≈≈≈≈≈≈! What are you doing here?" He gasped.

"My phone ...had a run in with the washing machine...I needed to go to electronics store before work, and wouldn't you know it, there was a donut shop outside...and well, one thing lead to another, and I got a bit excited, and now I have about 3 dozen donuts. I thought you might like some."

"I uh...I don't know what to say." He stared at her in disbelief.

"Well, I was hoping for a 'sure! Come on in!' But—"

"Oh! Y-yeah, of course. Please come in." He stepped aside and opened the door for her to come in.

She laughed, "I thought you got over that stutter back in grade school."

She was right. He used to have a bad stutter when he was a kid, but as he grew up, it became something that only slipped out when he was nervous. Very few things made him nervous these day. He was a freakin' helicopter pilot for a crying out loud. He's jumped from planes, flown the chopper while it was on fire, even landed safely in the middle of the ocean after enemy fire took out his engines...but ≈≈≈≈≈? This impossible, perfect girl got him stuttering every single time.  

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Coughcough* so cheesy it hurts *coughcough*

Anyway, whenever Miki posted this challenge, she was swarmed with requests, so I'm going to tentatively say if you wanna request a short drabble based on a song (not a character), I'll take the first...let's say 5 requests, with the deal that you have to write one with my song suggestion in return.

So the rules are: you give me a song, I pick a character to write about for the drabble, then I give you a song and you pick the character. (I know that technically in the original challenge posed by Miki you could pick either a character or a song, but I really like the idea of just going off of a song, so we're just gonna do that over here. xD)