Urgent Story Prompt ~ Seifer

As a late birthday present to Kyo; here you go!!! Sorry it took so long, and sorry again for missing your birthday! I hope you like it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was your birthday, and your friends insisted on throwing you a party even though you begged them not to. You just wanted to chill out at home on the internet, but Selphie refused to let you spend your birthday that way.

"But I like doing that." You whined as she rummaged around in her makeup bag. Not only had she thrown you a party, she also insisted you get dressed up for it.

"But you do this everyday. And today is not just any old day." She said, taking your laptop away from you.

"Nooooooo." You whimpered as she put it aside on your desk and began to flat iron your hair.

"Don't worry, the party isn't going to be stressful or anything. We're literally just getting pizza and going to the movies. That's it. You'll be home in no time." She assured you, and you grumbled something under your breath so she hit you with the hairbrush. "Oh shut up. You'll have fun."

There were days when having her as a roommate was a little annoying, but she always meant well.

Within the hour, the two of you left the dorms and she took you to your favorite pizza place in town. Zell and Irvine had set up a happy birthday banner for you, and threw confetti at you as soon as you walked in. More people began to show up as the night went on, and even the people who didn't come to the pizza parlor for your birthday saw the banner and the party hats Sora made everyone wear, so even non-guests were wishing you happy birthday.

Seifer and his gang eventually rolled around, though you weren't sure if they came to your party or if they were just coming here to eat. They didn't say anything to you, so you supposed it was just to eat. You decided that in that case, you would just focus on the people who came to see you.

You got up to get a drink refill and Seifer walked over to fill up his own glass.

"So, it's your birthday, huh?" He asked casually, looking at the festive hat Sora jammed on your head. 

"You caught me." You shrugged, putting a lid on your drink and looking around for the straws. He was closer to them, so he got one for you and held it out for you to take.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, flipping the straw away from you before you could grab it. You had a few classes with him, but you didn't really talk all that often.

"I donno. It's not really a big deal." You said, reaching for it again.

"You could have at least invited me to your party." He said as he handed you the straw, done playing this little game of keep away.

"Oh, I didn't make the guest list. If it was up to me, I wouldn't even be having a party."

"In that case, do you want to get out of here?" He smirked lightly, but you were too busy getting your straw through the lid to notice.

"Nah, that's okay. We're going to the movies soon anyway."

"Oh...alright. Well, happy birthday." He rubbed the back of his head, not used to being shut down so casually.

"You too!" You smiled at him, then realized what you said, "I...I mean..." You felt your cheeks begin to heat up as a blush rose to your face, "Th-thanks." You mumbled, rushing away from him in embarrassment.

"≈≈≈≈≈, was that...were you talking to Seifer?" Selphie asked as you returned to the table.

"Yup..." You sighed as you sat down, resting your face on the table, wishing you were invisible.