seokjinless

Jungkook sat on the couch with his face against Cooky. He sighed into the pink fur and played with his fingers, scratching at his cuticles. Jimin was trying to console him but he was too focused on how the pain in his chest wouldn't go away.

"Any luck?"

Jimin turned to see Taehyung and Hoseok staring at the two from the doorway. Jungkook had been like this for hours, even more shy than normal and wouldn't give them even the tiniest of smiles. Jimin shook his head and slouched down on the cushions, playing with the hem of Jungkook's fuzzy blue sweater.

"Kookie, please tell us what's wrong." Taehyung walked over and knelt in front of the younger, offering one of his hands for the little to take. Jungkook just stared at him. "Please, bun? Be good and tell Taetae?"

Jungkook huffed sadly and looked back at his fingers. Taehyung quirked his mouth to the side and gave Hoseok a sad look.

"What's this? A puppy? For Jungkookie?" Hoseok tried, holding out one of the youngest's stuffed animals. It was useless, he knew, since Jungkook already had Cooky, but they were running out of ideas so quickly.

"Bunny? Would you like to colour something for Jinnie-hyung?" Jimin asked, leaning closer to their maknae.

At the mention of Jungkook's boyfriend's name, he sniffled and hid his face in the bunny. His shoulders shook every few seconds and Taehyung was quick to recognise his quiet crying. He pulled Jungkook into his arms and pet through his hair, shushing and cooing at him.

"Oh, baby..." Hoseok sighed. "You miss your Jinnie-hyung, don't you?"

Jungkook nodded exasperatedly with the stuffie pressed to his face. He mumbled something against his little friend and sniffled a few more times.

"What was that, bun? Speak up." Taehyung pulled Jungkook away gently to see his tearful eyes.

"Daddy," Jungkook whined through a whisper. His grip on Cooky got tighter. "Want him."

Hoseok pulled out his phone to call Seokjin immediately. Jimin took one of Jungkook's hands and played with his fingers as the little hid his face in Taehyung's neck.

"Yes, hyung, now. He's far in. I don't think... Okay. Quickly." Hoseok finished the call and joined the three on the couch. "Angel, Daddy's coming home with Joonie-hyung in a few minutes."

Jungkook let out another quiet sob. "'M sorry. Really sorry."

"Oh, bun, don't be sorry." Jimin slid the forgotten puppy plush into Jungkook's arms with Cooky. "We'd all do anything for you."

Jungkook rested his cheek on Taehyung's shoulder and sniffled weakly as the older wiped at his irritated, wet face.

"Okay," Jungkook muttered, bringing a hand up to play with Taehyung's shirt near his own face. His fingers twisted into the soft material. "Thank you."

Hoseok leaned in to kiss the top of Jungkook's head. "Good manners, honey."

Jungkook grinned and hid the blush with his palm. He closed his eyes momentarily to soothe them from the stinging.

The lock of the dorm was turned and the door swung open. Seokjin stood there with Namjoon behind him, putting his keys onto the counter and stepping out of his shoes. Jungkook watched in slight awe.

"I heard somebunny needed his Daddy?" Seokjin smiled at his lame joke.

Jungkook giggled from the couch and sat up straight in Taehyung's lap. He raised his hand high into the air and squeaked. "Me! I do!"