Chapter Six.

Chapter Six.

When Wednesday rolls around, I'm not looking forward to going to school. Not that I ever do, but I'm really not looking forward to it today. I haven't hung out with Van at all, I haven't talked to him since Saturday night, but whatever, it's not like I actually care.

Right when I walk downstairs, my mom bombards me. "Happy Birthday, Abby!" she squeals.

And this is why I like my dad better. My mom's too peppy about things. I've told her time and time again that I don't like celebrating my birthday. I've never been one to throw a sleepover, get a cake, and blow out candles. Mainly because I only have one friend that's a girl. Being a girly-girl, isn't exactly my forte.

"Thanks mom, now, I'm going to head to school," I tell her, walking out of the house and getting in my car.

-Lunchtime-

I thought that Van and I would be cool, but he's completely ignoring me. Not to mention that Kendall and him are all 'chummy' again. They literally make me want to barf. I mean her voice is o annoying, I don't know how Van can stand it. I'm about to stand up and smack the fake blonde hair off her head.

"Hey, Lia?" Kendall says, trying to get Lia's attention, who's sitting right next to me.

"Yeah?" Lia asks, looking up from her food.

"I heard about you and Michael. Jessica's pretty pissed about it," Kendall tells her. "In fact, I'd watch my back if I were you." The way she just said that to Lia makes me want to deck her tight here. Kendall and Lia were supposed to be 'friends'.

"I think you should worry less about her back and quit laying on yours," I snap at Kendall and Kyle, who's sitting on the other side of me laughs his ass off.

"Oreo?" Van offers me, trying to stop whatever fight is about to happen.

I shake my head. Does he really think that I'm in the mood for a freaking Oreo? Just chill, Abby. Breath and try your best not to reach across the table and strangle Kendall, I tell myself.

I turn my head towards Kendall. "Kendall, do you like icing?" I ask her.

"No?" she answer, not sure where I'm taking this. "Do know how many carbs there are in icing? Not to mention sugar and fat. Things you obviously know nothing about," she says and the whole table goes dead quiet, all waiting for my response.

Van and I are supposed to be friends, is he really going to let her talk to me like that? "You know what, Vance, you can have your girlfriend lick off the icing for you," I say in a very pissed off tone. Then I push my chair back and it makes a screech against the floor and I get up grabbing my books, in a rush to get out of there.

Before I reach the cafeteria doors, a couple tears stream down my face. Why am I even crying? It's not like I actually care about what Kendall said to me. I mean, I'm a bitch to her too, but I mean, come on, if Van expects me to be nice to her, then why can't she be nice to me back? Sure, the whole comment about the back was rude, but I did that for Lia, because Lia wouldn't do it for herself.

Once I'm in the hall, I walk until I reach the school doors and then step outside onto the schools' steps.

I head straight for my car and get in, setting my books in the passengers seat. I put the keys in and start the engine. I just need to get away. To my safe place, everybody has one. A place that I can go whenever something's bothering me. The beach.

I get to the beach about twenty minutes later and sit in the sand, I cried pretty much the whole way here. I don't even know why I'm crying. Like I said before, Kendall's comment didn't even bother me, at all. She's just jealous because I eat like a normal person and she counts calories. I have no idea what Van is doing with her, she must be good in bed because I can't think of any other reason why he would be with her. I know for a fact he doesn't love her, he just can't. Van's a funny strawberry milk loving, superman hating, man whore, but I like him anyways. He's easy to get along with. He eats the half of the cupcake and Oreo that I hate. We're so opposite, but the same in so many ways.