Chapter 24

You touched the bruise gently, afraid if you would hurt him.

"DuHo, what happened here!?" You asked, noticing how serious this could be.

He flinched almost immediately by your touch and glared at you as if you were going to attack him.

Those sharp and defensive eyes weren't what a 3rd grade kid should have.

"Mrs. Park, where is my class now?" He asked in a demanding and impatient tone, avoiding your question.

"I don't think you should attend the class at this moment, let me put some medicine on that bruise, it'll feel much better." You suggested.

He tried to run away, but luckily you gripped onto his shoulders, refusing for him to leave.

"Did I hurt you?" You asked, suddenly aware of how tight you were holding him.

He looked away, not facing you, it was obvious that you hurt him. It was just he didn't want to admit it.

You took him by the hand firmly and walked to your table, where you dug a bottle of ointment from your handbag, not releasing his hand at the same time.

"I guess this would help." You said, twisting the bottle open.

You applied the cooling treatment onto the bruise, not too close to his eyes, in case if it burns.

"I won't force you to tell me this time about what has happened, I really do hope it's just a little fight with your friends." You said, rubbing against his skin with your finger.

"But the next time this happens, I'll have to know, alright?" You warned him, wishing that he would be more obedient as you were trying to help.

He gave no response, so you dismissed him and told him where he was supposed to be.

He ran off quickly, as if he was scared that you would drag him into the classroom again.

You sighed, smiling helplessly, thinking that kids would be kids.

***

After a day of your first work day, you felt somehow exhausted but satisfied.

It was much better than staying home, waiting for your husband to come home. Besides, you really did enjoy today.

You let the kids draw what their dreams was for homework, and explained to them the differences between oil pastel and oil paint during your lesson.

Overall, you had fun, just still suspicious about that mysterious child, Kim DuHo. Otherwise, you couldn't wait to tell your story to Jimin.

You went home by bus, and started making dinner so he could eat when he got home.

You spent about an hour cooking, and approximately fifteen minutes soaking in the couch, waiting for the soup to be fully prepared.

That's when Jimin came by the doorstep, you hurriedly rushed to him and welcomed him home.

"How was work today?" You asked, letting him hand you the files he had in his arms.

"Tiring." He said, smiling wearily, "But it's worth it, as I get to see you when I get home."

He pulled your head in, where your nose smashed into his collarbone, and you felt his plump lips against your hairline.

Straight after the light kiss, he walked inside, leaving you there, your head still processing of what had happened.

"What's for dinner, Y/n?" He asked, his charming smirk on his face, as if he was teasing you.

"Grilled fish and mushroom soup, Jimin." You replied, avoiding eye contact with him.

"I liked my first day teaching at Hope, Jimin." You said, "I enjoyed it."

He seemed happy to be hearing so, "That's nice! What did you do?"

His back was leaning against the counter, watching you stir the thick soup.

"Well, I love my class. But there was this boy who came late, and he had a bruise on his face." You said.

"He was quite stubborn, and didn't want me to put medicine on him."

He chuckled, "Boys would be boys. He probably was just playing around before he came to school."

"No, you don't understand." You told him, "His eyes were so scary, it felt like it would kill you just by one look."

You imitated DuHo's glare to Jimin, staring deeply into his eyes, forcing your best death stare.

That continued for a few seconds, and you realized that you couldn't look into Jimin's eyes for too long. You would get hypnotized.

Jimin saw you losing concentration, and he quickly leaned in and pecked on your lips.

"You know, I could eat you for dinner?"

--------------------

A/n: I desperately want to finish this book maneeee!!!