Chapter 15

Naihatid na ni Andrew si Faye, Cobbie at Helen sa Cielo, Faye's high-end botique, he just arrived at Mi Amor and was observing if the breakfast buffet was smoothly executed by his restaurant staff. Andrew scanned the restaurant's surrounding one last time and walked towards his office that was on the second floor of his new restaurant.

He was scanning the documents that needs his signature when a small sweet voice echoed in his office.

"Dada," Ashley softly shouted at him, her voice excited and cheery.

Andrew smiled and lifted his head, his little princess was peeking at the small opening of his slightly opened office door. He smiled wider at his cute little girl who was grinning widely at him.

Andrew stood up from his office chair and walked towards the door,

"Baby,"

He happily greeted his daughter as Ashley excitedly jump into his arms, Andrew bended his kness lower and carried his daughter.

"Saan si Yaya? Nagcab kayo going here? Sabi ko kay mommy susunduin kita this afternoon, didn't mommy told you.?"

Andrew asked his daughter as he carried Ashley to his office chair and sat her on his lap.

Ashley lifted her head from his shoulder and looked at him.

"Sabi ni mommy,surprise ka daw namin and have breakfast with you, gusto ko na kasi sunduin mo ako kanina kaya mommy suggested to go here instead, so that we can have a family time. That was what mommy said."

Ashley nonchalantly told him as she looked at him, her eyes conveying that she was a bit confuse.

Andrew inhaled and looked intently at his daughter's eyes.

"Baby, gusto mo ba, maging together ulit si Mommy and Dada?"

Andrew nervously asked Ashley.

His daughter looked at him, her eyes a bit serious and confuse.

"Ayaw ko kay mommy, Dada. Hindi niya ako love, gusto niya lang to be with you kaya she is acting like she loves me. Sana katulad na lang siya ng mommy ni Cobbie."

Ashley softly told him, her eyes about to shed tears.

"How can you say that, baby?" Andrew asked his daughter and looked intently at her eyes.

Ashley shrugged her little shoulders and looked at her father. "Cobbie used to tell me that his mommy always spends time with him kahit na she was busy with work parang ikaw Dada kahit late ka umuuwi lately you find time to read me night stories and sleep with me."

Andrew, inhaled deeply and wondered for a minute as he processed what his daughter just said.

"Your mommy spends time with you now, Ash. She is trying her best to be a good mother to you and I am sure she loves you as much as dada loves you." He explained to Ashley and caressed her daughter's soft cheeks.

Ashley shook her head and looked at Andrew.

"When I spend time with her, lagi din naman si yaya ang nag tatake care sa akin. Unlike you dada ikaw nag babath sa akin, pinagluluto mo pa ako. Si mommy, she always insist to do things I don't want. Gusto niya mag acting and ballet classes ako eh ayaw ko nun dada. I want to take cooking classes sabi ni mommy huwag daw yun, enough na daw na ikaw na lang chef sa family."

Andrew bit his lip and looked at his daughter. It pains him seeing and hearing his child in pain. His wife never changed after all... He silently thought as he looked at his daughter, again.

"Sa summer I will enroll you to a cooking class, Baby. Promise yan ni Dada."

He said to his daughter as he tried his best to lighten his voice. Ashley smiled at him and kiss his cheek.

"Kung si Cobbie may queen ako may hero." His daughter told him after giving him, butterfly kisses on his cheeks.

Andrew smiled at Ashley and hugged his daughter tightly.

"After breakfast with mom, I have a surprise for you." He whispered in his daughters ears and stood up from his office chair, as he carried Ashley in his arms.

"Now lets go to mommy. Gutom na ba baby ko?"

Andrew asked Ashley, as they went out of his office and walked towards the table where Andrea is waiting for them.

****

"Are you being fair to me, Faye? I asked you to marry me para may magalaga sa inyo ni Cobbie and ng dinadala mo, you rejected me. Iniwasan kita para paghilumin ang sakit then bigla ka magtetext humingi ng tulong dahil masama ang pakiramdam mo.

Ako naman nagmadali, pagdating ko ng bahay mo sabi ni manang nandoon na si Sir Andrew. Ano ito Faye? Umaapid ka sa Tatay ng kaibigan ng anak mo.

Julian heatedly told Faye, pagpasok na pagpasok pa lang neto sa opisina niya. She was checking the inventory of the new deliveries ng narinig niya ang galit na boses ni Julian. Faye let out a sigh and looked at her late husband's bestfriend and business partner.

"Hindi ka pa rin nag babago, Jul. Seloso ka pa rin. Of all people ikaw pa ang nagsabi niyan sa akin. Hindi ako nakikiapid. Tatay siya ng dinadala ko siguro naman may karapatan ako humingi ng tulong sa kanya."

Faye told Julian, her anger inside her was controlled and hidden from her voice.

"Sa kanya ang sperm, na maling nagamit sa IVF ko, now kung paano namin nalaman, accidente lang. Wala na sigurong dahilan para ipaliwanag pa sa iyo. It is none of your business naman. Now kung susumbatan mo lang ako then umalis ka na lang baka marinig ka pa ni Cobbie."

She added and looked at the furious man in front of her. Noting that her son was at the other room next to hers. May playroom kasi si Cobbie sa tabi ng opisina niya sa shop. Para pagkasama niya eto sa trabaho hindi mainip ang kanyang anak.

Julian stayed still in front of her, his eyes tells her that he was still furious and angry.

"When we broke up akala ko life would be any darker for me, umalis ako to finish my masters in the states pagbalik ko ano nadatnan ko you are engage to my bestfriend. Tinangap ko yun Faye kasi mahal kita. Alam mo ba how painful it was, Faye? Nakikita ng dalawang mata ko kung gaano kayo kasaya ni Paolo habang binubuo niyo ang pamilya na pangarap niyo. Ang sakit sakit para sa akin hanggang nawala si Paolo, I am hypocrite kung sasabihin ko sa iyo na hindi ako umasa na bumalik ka sa akin. Dahil umasa ako Faye, I've tried my best na patuloy kang mahalin. Hindi kita pinabayaan, hindi kita iniwan...

Then you tell me this. What would you expect tumawa ako."

Julian Adriaga told her.

Tinignan siya ulit ng masakit ni Julian at tuluyan ng lumabas ng opisina niya.

Pagsara na pagsara ng pinto, Faye let out the tears she was holding.

Oo college boyfriend niya si Julian, he was her first love. Four years silang magkasama ng magpasiya si Faye na hiwalayan eto. They grew apart, what can she do. Umalis si Julian nang maghiwalay sila, he went to the US and finished his post graduate degree, doon na palapit ang loob ni Faye sa bestfriend ng ex niya. After a year of dating Paolo nabuntis siya neto kaya nagpakasal sila agad but she had a miscarriage, Cobbie was their second chance, after she gave birth kay Cobbie life have been a bed of roses for Faye until Paolo died. Tama, si Julian all

throughout those up and downs he was with her and Paolo, supporting them. Faye remembered the past as tears continued to flow from her eyes.

"Sorry, Juls. Maybe it wasn't for us. Siguro hindi lang tayo talaga para sa isa't isa."

Faye whispered to herself as she dried her tears with her hands. Ayaw niya makita siya ng anak niya na umiiyak.

After all, lahat ng eto ay nangyari dahil sa pagmamahal niya sa anak.

"Everything happens for a reason,"

Sabi na lang ni Faye sa sarili para ikubli ang sakit na nararamdaman dahil wala ng sasakit pa sa pakiramdam na nakasakit ka ng tao na naging malaking bahagi ng buhay mo,

sa pangalawang pagkakataon...

****