Chapter 13

"Ay palaka,"

Nurse Helen sorftly exclaimed as soon as the door opened.

Cobbie's nurse freezed a bit and tried to lightly pull Cobbie away from the room.

"Baby, lets go back to the room na lang."

Cobbie's nurse said to her 'alaga' as Helen tried to hide her shock after seeing the scene inside her boss's bedroom.

Bigla naman natigil si Faye at Andrew sa ginagawa nila ng marinig nila magsalita ang nurse ni Cobbie.

Faye jerked out of Andrew's lap and tried her best to hide her embarassment. She pulled the  edge of her shirt down and fixed herself as she looked at Helen.

Mommy, bakit nagpapakalong ka kay Tito Daddy. Malaki ka na mommy, diba sabi mo pag big na hindi na dapat nagpapakalong."

Her son said to them as he happily hopped towards his Tito Andrew.

Faye just shook her head at what her son said and tried hard not to smile.

"Sorry po ma'am Faye, nagising po kasi si Cobbie gusto daw po tumabi sa iyo. Sorry po."

Helen apologized and look at her. Faye smiled at the poor nurse and nodded her head.

"Sige na Helen matulog ka na ulit, ako na bahala kay Cobbie."

The nurse nodded her head as she left the room and closed the door.

At the corner of her eyes, Faye saw her son hopped at Andrew's lap as Andrew cuddled Cobbie.

"Oh ayan kalong ka na ni Tito so di na nagtatampo baby namin?"

Faye heard Andrew say to her son as her son encircled his small fragile arms at Andrew's neck.

"Tito Daddy, can you sleep with mommy and me. I had a bad dream kasi eh. Tinutusok na naman ako ng big needle sa dream ko. I am scared tito daddy."Cobbie said to Andrew.

Faye shook her head and looked at Andrew's eyes which are staring at her. She was standing in front of Andrew, her son's back facing her.

"Little boy, diba malapit ka na maging big boy. So dapat di ka na natatakot. Let your Tito Andrew go home. Si mommy na tatabi sa iyo."

Faye told her son, her voice sweet but firm. She gave Andrew a stern look as if telling him not to give in with her son's whims.

Faye saw her son shook his head firmly and did not look at her, instead he buried his head at Andrew's neck.

"I want Tito Andrew to sleep with us." Cobbie grumbled.

Faye sighed and almost laugh at her son's naughtiness.

Andrew gave Faye a looked she can't recognize and caressed Cobbie's back.

"Shh little, iron man, Tito will sleep with you and mommy,"

Faye heard Andrew say to her son.

She saw him stood up from the side of the bed and stepped towards  her, as he carried Cobbie in his arms.

"Mana lang sa mommy, si baby boy."

Andrew whispered in her ear.  Faye was about to slapped Andrew's shoulder but the guy was fast.

He walked around the other side of the bed and lay her son carefully at the center of the bed's mattress.

"Now, little iron man you need to doze off na para maging strong ka agad. Si mommy needs to rest as well para makatulog ang baby brother or sister mo sa loob ng tummy ni mommy."

Andrew told Faye's child as she continued to look at them.

"You, mister, iniispoil mo si Cobbie." Faye tried to argue as she faked a stern tone.

Andrew glimpsed at her, as she was still standing at the other side of the bed.

He ignored her argument and instead lay side ways bedside Cobbie.

'Iniispoil ba kita little iron man, hindi naman diba." Andrew said to Cobbie, his voice intentionally child-like as he tickled her son's stomach with butterfly kisses.

Cobbie giggled and was not able to retort back as his Tito continued to tickle him.

Faye can't help but smile, she shook her head and silently, observed the two men at her bed.

"Ano naman yan iron man iron man na yan?"

She asked them as she became curious with the pet names Andrew and Cobbie used to call each other.

"Si tito daddy si iron man and i am little iron man. Pareho kasi kami strong ni Tito Daddy."

Cobbied answered his mother.

Faye just shook her head once again,

"Bahala na nga kayo mag tito. I'll just go to the kitchen and get a glass of water."

Faye informed Andrew as she turned to her heels and walked towards the door.

She was about to step out of the room when she decided to turn her head and looked at the two one more time.

Faye saw Cobbie stiffled a yawn as Andrew patted her son's back while humming a soft lullaby. Her son closed his eyes and hold his Tito's hand.

Faye contolled the tears that was about to spill from her eyes.

"Can she and her son live with out Andrew, after all this?"

Faye asked herself and silently walked out of the room to get her water.

"Never,"

The tiny irrational part of her brain whispered inside her head as confusion started to build up inside her, again...

****

-tbc-