July Sixth

Written By: Nova, admin at Writers Coming Together to Write

One of the things I love about Camp Nanowrimo is that it lets you explore different types of writing, not just “lengthy works of fiction” as in the November Nanowrimo session. You can choose a word count appropriate for your work.

My forte happens to be novel writing, but for those of you who may have struggled with or simply have not enjoyed novel writing in the past, this could be a perfect opportunity to branch out and try out a new form. Those of you who used to participate in Script Frenzy before it was canceled should be excited: you can do the same thing here at Camp! Perhaps you’re more of a poet, and wish to put together a collection of poetry this month. Or maybe you just want to write a bunch of short stories. According to the Camp Nanowrimo website, you can even write nonfiction or revise/edit another work!

Like any summer camp, there are plenty of things to keep you “campers” busy during July. So go ahead, write that graphic novel, that screenplay, that nonfiction work. It’s all at your fingertips now. Go out there and get it done! Your cabin mates, the Writers Coming Together to Write admins, and the nanowrimo forums are all there to support you, even if you go with a more unconventional form. We’re always ready to help!

Happy Camping! ^_^