Fourteen

Christopher Maurice Brown

July 2011

"You what?" I asked trying to understand the words she uttered.

"I'm pregnant Chris," Nia said crying.

How the hell? We only fucked like once or twice and it wasn't even major. I remember just being friends that turned into more and then we just stopped. Now she telling me she's pregnant.

"Are you doing this for money cause I'll just give you some if you need-"

"Chris why would I do that? I make enough money to my bills and my mom's bills, I don't need your money,"

"Well how do I know it's even mine," I shouted.

She hung up right in my face and I just leaned back into my bed. How the fuck I'mma tell Rue? I know I'mma hear somewhat about this and what about paparazzi? Headlines shit gone get on my ass about this.

I get out of bed and see Rue making breakfast and off the bat I knew something was off. I walked behind her and hugged her and she instantly tensed up and moved.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"You gone explain yourself or nah," She asked monotoned.

I shook my head and walked away. That's when shit went left.

"See Chris I knew I should've left yo ass from the jump, all you do is cheat and fake love," She yelled.

"I don't even cheat," I muttered walking up the stairs.

"Really Chris? You don't cheat? Then why is Nia pregnant? Then why is you headlining literally everywhere?"

"Because I'm fucking famous," I yelled.

"What about her pregnancy?"

"I don't even know if that's mine, and I really don't feel like arguing about it," I shrugged.

"No we gone fucking talk about this,"She said yanking my arm.

I shrugged her off and looked and she fell down the stairs. Shit.

I ran after her and picked her up and saw a small cut on above her eyebrow. I immediately picked her up and laid her on the bed and got a cotton swab and alcohol. I disinfected the cut and put a band-aid over it.