Cherry my source of light

"And she just couldn't keep her hands off him! I can't even believe my own wife could do that to me... I gave her everything she ever wanted! That lying cheating bitch!" 

I glanced up at the drunk guy bickering and complaining about how his wife cheated on him for god knows how long. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him before looking around some more. 

I couldn't see many sober people, almost everyone were either a little bit drunk, drunk or totally wasted. 

I suddenly found a familiar person with the brown eyes and brown hair not too far away in a corner sitting and laughing with some people at the club. I raised one of my eyebrows automatically at the sight. 

"What is he doing here? That was certainly not something i thought i would see any time soon or at all..." i whispered to myself as i kept my eyes on a certain James Stalinski that i met at the prison. 

He was a funny fellow though. I smirked at the thought and before i knew it i made a huge mistake by staring at him for too long. 

As if hearing my thoughts he suddenly looked around before his eyes stopped on me and he gaped before he said something to the three guys and one two girls he was with before standing up and walking. 

Wait, he was walking towards me. Damn. 

I turned away and stood up trying to sneak myself away and out as there were a lot of people around here and you had to push them out of your way. The music blasting and people dancing made my hopes go up of him losing sight of me and hopefully getting bored and get back to his friends or whoever those were. 

I kept on walking and pushing my way out before i was finally free of the suffocating smell of alcohol and sweat, and met by fresh and cold city air. I kept on walking before i suddenly felt a hand grab my shoulder and turn me around making me react automatically by grabbing the hand and sending the person over me and on to the ground in a straddled and secured position with him underneath and me on top with my hand on his neck. 

"That was just...awesome! You never sees to surprise me!" the guy suddenly said before i found myself staring at James with his typical grin. 

I let go of him and stood up before brushing myself and giving him a helping hand. 

"Sorry..." i said making him laugh before shaking his head. 

"No worries Jag! But what are you doing here all alone? Wait, are you alone?" he said before he looked around searching for anyone that would seem like being fit to be my company or ally. 

"I'm alone." i said before he looked back at me and smiled shrugging. 

"So you got out well and alive too! That is good, i was scared something could have happened to you at first, but then i remembered that it's you and all my worried went away knowing you would be just fine and here is the proof!" he said grinning before he moved closer making blink at him slightly uncomfortable at the close distance him and I have.

"You look awful though, don't you have a place to stay? If not i can always have you come at my-i mean ours, since i don't live alone. I have another friend of mine, a roommate to be exact but he's chill so no worries. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind having you over!" he said and i sighed chuckling slightly at how straight forward he really is. 

"You know, by the way you're talking it seems as if you're going to decide everything i'm going to do. But yeah, i wouldn't mind staying over for one day. I need to take a shower too." i said before he laughed shaking his head. 

"Sure sure! No problem, and maybe we can even take a shower together who knows!?" he said making me send him a glare before he laughed suddenly grabbing my hand and dragging me off.