Chapter 33

WOW. Having that many views on this story means so much to me. Thankyou so very much to everyone who is reading this. Means so much. Do you guys like Liam? x

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam's hand fell from my back as we descended down the staircase, and the positively delicious smell grew stronger as we made it back down to the foyer.

"Aubrey hasn't seen the first floor, so I'm going to show her around quickly." Liam said to his parents, who were bouncing down the staircase merrily.

Emily nodded. "Hurry or your food will get cold." She said pleasantly, and Timothy gave us a lingering smile as he and Emily turned to the left of the staircase, walking through a large open area with earth toned arm chairs and coffee tables.

"This way." Liam said, pointing to the right. I walked beside him though another open lounge area of chairs. We walked through the seating area and approached a set of glossy double doors. "The living room," Liam said as we passed through the doors and I felt warm air rush over me.

The walls were gold, looking like they had been painted with a sponge, and there were maroon rugs on the floor, along with a huge, black, leather, sectional sofa split in two. The couch faced a huge wide screen TV set on top of a wooden mantle piece that hung over a stone fireplace. Another wall curved out and was made of windows, looking out over the front drive and gate. There was a dark wooden coffee table in front of each half of the couch, a red and white stripped candle lit on top of them.

As we passed through I caught a lung full of the peppermint scent coming from the candy cane looking candles. Though I would have liked to sink into one of the couches and inhale the heavenly smell, Liam pulled me away towards a new set of double doors, slightly bigger than the ones that let us into this room.

"And this is the ballroom." He said to me, looking down at my face with a grin as we walked into the room. The room was enormous, and my mouth hung open as our footsteps echoed off the bare walls. The floor under us was made of lustrous wooden planks, and the walls were peacock blue like the foyer was. The ceiling was the best part of the room however, painted like the ceiling of a cathedral with all sorts of angels and clouds staring down at the two of us.

On the wall across from us was another set of stairs that led to another floor of the ballroom, though it didn't look very big. "Apparently, George was a huge fan of dinner parties. He'd pack this whole area with tables and chairs, and up there he'd have all the catering food and drinks and stuff. He was a popular man before Martha died..." he said, taking my hand- sending a line of shivers up my spine- and leading me across the ballroom floor and towards the stairs.

Our footsteps were muffled as we stepped onto a white rug that ran up the stairs, our feet taking them one by one. We made it to the top, and now faced a wall of glass doors, though they were covered by white curtains with gold lining. Still holding my hand, he walked me towards the door and reached out for the polished brass handle, pushing the door open.

Cold night air whistled through the open door and we stepped outside onto a huge balcony, rounded in shape with a waist sized railing made of curvy, cream-colored, stone posts. White Christmas lights were wound around each post and around the railings, lighting up the deck brilliantly, and Liam led me towards the edge which looked out over the massive backyard.

The backyard was much tidier than the front yard, with mazes upon mazes of little green hedges, neatly trimmed. The ground was made of rocky gravel, and in the middle of the stone pathways and plant hedges was a big fountain, round with two horses up on their hind legs, rearing up their front hooves. Near their feet were stone baby angels, and each of their mouths, including the horses, were spouting out water.