Chapter 7

Awkward moment when I upload chapter 17 instead of chapter 7! But anyway here's CHAPTER 7! :)

---------------------------------------

During field biology we were supposed to go outside into the school courtyard and catch insects. We had to partner up with the person sitting beside us, and luck me, Liam was my partner. We set off outside, me with a new and him with a zip-lock bag. The air outside was cool, the grass dry and yellow.

Liam and I traveled over to a patch of clovers, sitting down and running our fingers through the grass in hopes of finding an insect. "What's your favorite ice cream flavor?" he asked, picking through our bed of clovers.

"Butter pecan." I said fondly, spotting a grass hopper. I caught it with cupped hands and Liam extended the open plastic bag to me where I put the bug in. he sealed it and then set it aside for further use.

"Favorite childhood memory?"

I twisted my lips in thought. "Too personal." I said evenly, and he glared at me.

"Okay, fine. How do you like your eggs?" he rolled his eyes and I smiled.

"Sunny side up mashed together with a hash brown on an English muffin." I chuckled and suddenly he got to his feet.

He grabbed the net we brought out and stalked a flying butterfly, crouching low stealthily. With one lithe movement, he trapped the yellow butterfly in the net and carried it over to me. I smirked as he put it into the plastic bad. "You're pretty good at that. Do you catch butterflies as a hobby?" I teased and he glared at me.

"Shut up." He mumbled and I only laughed some more. "How many pets have you had?" he continued with his question air, and I sent my fingers through my hair in thought.

"Let's see... I had a white bunny rabbit named Binkie who died when I was 5. I had four hamsters; Einstein, Isabel, Steve, and Skeeter. I had a black lab named Pepper who had to be put down, and right now I had two cats Radio and Tucker, though I already told you that." I said, counting my pets off with my fingers.

He stared at me, a smirky smile lifting his lips. "You go through pets like girls change clothes." He said, chuckling a small bit, but enough to send a pleasurable shiver up my spine.

"Hey, we're good pet owners! I'll have you know they all died of natural causes." I defended myself, and he eyed me mockingly.

"Whatever you say animal killer. What's your favorite movie?" he asked, lifting his hand which was clenched shut. I opened up the baggy, careful not to let any of the bugs out, and he sent something in. as I shut the bag I realized he had put in a black cricket.

I chuckled. "Oh this is a hard one. I'd have to say my favorite movie is probably Tommy Boy because it makes me laugh a lot, but also the modern day Romeo and Juliet because it makes me cry a lot." I said airily, and when I looked at him he was watching me with curious eyes again.

"You like movies that make you cry?" he asked.

I shrugged. "I look forward to a good cry. Besides, a movie is a really good movie if it can get a lot of emotion out of its viewers." I said matter-a-factly and he smirked.

"So you're a fan of sappy films?" he mocked, and I narrowed my eyes at him playfully.

"And you're a professional butterfly catcher?" I shot back and at that he rolled his eyes.

"Alright, next question. Favorite book." He said, both of us still combing through the grass.

"I like Ann Rice books, and Autobiographies. If you want a really crazy one, read Come Back. Soooo intense but soooo good." I recommended to him and he smirked once again.