Chapter 40 - Casual date places, wrong timings

[JUSTIN'S POV]

"Alex!" I called, seeing his shadow disappear around the corner of his office. I quickly followed the anger building inside me for really no reason. It had been two days since I left Jess in his apartment and she nor Alex had talked to me since then, "Alex," I said again, entering his office and closing the door behind me.

I saw him look up at me, faking a surprised expression as if he hadn't heard me call earlier. I knew he was pretending to not know what I wanted although I could totally see his last-minute regret of not reaching out to me earlier.

"Hey," he said in response, looking down at his documents again and acting as if he thought I was here to talk work. I huffed at him, gaining his attention again which only made him sigh, "Look, Justin, I don't know anything. She's just staying in my apartment-"

"Do you sleep next to her?" I couldn't help but ask, my voice suddenly not angry anymore. It was almost like a cry for help and I despised myself for sounding so weak in front of him. He seemed confused so I repeated my question, "do you sleep next to her?"

"What? No!" He put his hands up in defence, knowing that his answer would affect me directly, "Dude, she's sleeping on the couch."

"You're making her sleep on the couch?! She's fucking pregnant, Alex!"

Lately, my nerves had been keeping me on edge and I was no longer surprised at my outbursts. He seemed a bit shocked though, knowing that whatever his answer would've been; he would've lost anyway. Although, I was upset about the fact that my pregnant girlfriend had to sleep on a couch meanwhile Alex was probably more than fine to do so himself.

Once Alex mind had fully accepted my words, he scoffed and shook his head at me. I watched his attention go back towards his work and I felt an extreme frustration grow over me.

"Whatever," I mumbled under my breath because I knew that the smartest decision now was to walk away. I knew how I could get whenever I was mad and I needed to watch my behaviour knowing that Alex comes home to my girlfriend every night.

Only the thought of it made me sick but I had to force myself to push all my doubts away and understand that she needed to be somewhere else right now. I had to put all my trust issues aside and focus on Jessica being happy. If I ever want her to forgive me and come back to me, I need to let her be ready to do so by herself. Even if that meant staying up all night and thinking about what the two of them are doing.

I have to accept the fact that I messed up and I only got myself to blame. If I want things to go back to the way it used to be, I have to let Jessica heal on her own.

That way, I have plenty of time to figure out a way to win her back.

I had already begun my plan, the thoughts of flying her out somewhere. Preferably to a beach, I know she loves beaches. Then I'd ask her to marry me, or something.

I'm not typically a romantic guy and I have a hard time to come up with things like that but for some reason, when it came to Jessica, my mind was filled with ideas and creative thoughts. I was often surprised with myself whenever I got these images of her being surprised over something romantic that I had put together in my mind.

If only she knew all the things I would do for her, then again, it's my own fault that I haven't shown her before.

Walking towards my office, I saw a few women stare at me. They looked at me as if they had never seen me before, although the situation was the other way around. I had never once seen them before and I cursed my father in my mind for hiring people without consulting with me first. When I had passed them, I immediately heard the gossiping begin. Rolling my eyes at my own company's immaturity, I stepped inside my office and shut the door harshly.