Changing You 12 - Shane's Story

Okay, I'm so, so, so sorry for being absent for such a long time and I really do hope this chapter can at least make up for a bit of it. I actually am working on the story regularly again now, seeing as I (finally!) have more free time :D Okay well, I hope this is surprising somehow and you guys like it :D

The chapter is dedicated to my new editor and the new cover was made by xHelloKitty17x.

Hope you like it!

.....::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...

She nodded for me to follow her and that’s what I did, leaving an embarrassed Shane standing there alone, his cheeks still a soft rose tone.

Shane’s mother guided me through the enormous house to a huge dressing room. If someone would ask me to find my way out again on my own I would be totally lost. I was amazed by not only the sheer size of the building, but also by the décor and the furniture. Every wall was covered in paintings, on small tables were flowers placed, corners were also decorated using plants and the doors looked dark and mysterious, each leading to another room of this terribly big mansion.

She led me into a large room which seemed to be a dressing room. Pulling out a pale blue dress and matching heels she spoke again, “I think this will be perfect for you. You have to know, my husband is someone who likes it when everyone is dressed up for dinner. It isn’t a bad thing though, seeing as we often go out afterwards but it scares a lot of our guests off.”

I didn’t know how to reply so I just simply nodded and took the dress from her and watched her leave the room in order to give me some privacy while I changed.

The dress was really pretty, falling perfectly and it also was the perfect color. There were flowers at the end of the sleeves and around the waistband and some kind of gem was near the cleavage. I spun around, wanting to see it fully and was surprised by how nicely it moved when I twirled. I giggled like a little girl before finally leaving the room and returning to where Shane’s mother was waiting for me. She gave me a warm smile as she started walking again; leading me towards the direction I guessed the dining room would be in. I followed quietly, well, as quietly as the heels let me. It was quite weird for me being here but I had promised to at least try it with Shane and I wouldn’t break my promise. Especially not if you considered the way he looked now.

I smiled as she led me in not a dining room but a dining hall. I looked around in amazement when suddenly a voice disturbed my thoughts.

“You look beautiful.” I looked up, startled by his voice at first but then couldn’t help myself but smile at him broadly.

“Thank you,” I replied eyeing Shane up and down again. He really looked better this way. “What did you do in order to look like… this?” I suddenly asked, unable to hold the question back any longer.

He smiled back at me as he replied, “I just cut my hair and dressed properly. It isn’t like I needed plastic surgery or anything. Just a simple hair-cut and proper styling. I just kind of… didn’t care about what I looked like for the past few months as something else clouded my mind way more than you think would be possible. But now I’m back in the real world and I’m sure you will get to know the real me in no time.” I watched him, dazzled by his smile but didn’t reply. I was wondering what made him let himself turn into that greasy ball of hair he was until some hours ago.

I thought what could have happened and the only idea I had was that it had to be connected to David in some way. I sighed as I pushed the thought aside and followed Shane to the table. He acted like a perfect gentleman and I couldn’t help but giggle as he pulled out my chair for me. It seemed so unreal that I was here. Our school’s biggest nerd was my date and I was actually enjoying myself and had a fancy dinner in a mansion.