Chapter Seventeen; Apples, plums, and girls [unedited]

DRACO

I bit into a green apple, letting the juiciness run all over my mouth. Among all the fruits, the apple was my favorite. And why shouldn't it be? Wonderful, beautiful, green apple...

I let my gaze travel over the fruit bowl.

Apples, plums, oranges...

Then I hear a grunt besides me, and I turn to see Blaise.

"What's wrong, Blaise?" I ask him mockingly, laughing at his scrunched up face, obviously uncomfortable as Pansy spoons chicken into his mouth.

"Nothing," he replies, his voice muffled as Pansy continues to shove chicken and rice into his mouth. He glares resentfully at me as I snigger.

I chuckle silently as I remember his angry yells at me twenty minutes before.

"MALFOY!" Blaise storms at me.

"Yes, Blaise?" I ask innocently.

"WHY THE BLOODY HELL IS PARKINSON TRYING TO SUCK MY FACE OFF?" Blaise roared at me, spit flying.

"How should I know?" I reply.

"How- how should you know?" He splutters. "You're the one who did it!"

"Did what?" I play dumb.

"You know bloody well what you did!" He yells.

"What did I do?"

"YOU MADE PANSY TRY TO SUCK MY FACE OFF!" He yells.

"I did?"

He stomps away in frustration, but not before shooting behind his back, "I'll have my revenge!"

"There's no proof, you know," I call at his retreating back.

He whirls around. "AHA! I KNEW YOU DID IT!"

"Did what?" I blink innocently at him as his face swells with rage.

"You know that I know that you know that I know!" He roars at me, and then scratches his head, slightly confused.

"What?" I deliberately misunderstand.

"The point is, you did something to make Pansy go all creepy on me!"

"I did?" I ask, looking confused.

"Yes, you did!"

"I did? Really? When?" I ask calmly as his face turns purple. The great thing about Blaise is that I can get him to lose his temper really fast. Really, really fast. All you have to do is annoy him... which I'm great at doing.

I smirk as he splutters, furious at my lack of fear. "I know you did!"

"What if Daphne did it?" I ask sarcastically.

"Huh?" His mouth is hanging slightly open by now.

"What if Goyle did it?" I say rapidly.

"Don't be stupid, Goyle doesn't know how to-"

"Or Potter? Or Weasel? Or- or Granger?" I stammer slightly at the last part, but thankfully he doesn't notice. "What I'm trying to say here, Zabini, is that you've simply got no proof. And until you have proof, you can't do anything."

"How dare you!" He glares at me. "Of course I can!"

And before I can say Slytherin, his wand is out and he's shot a spell at me.