Chapter 31: Promises Broken, Promises Made

[please read the entire author's note above. If you don't, you will probably regret missing out a lot of stuff. Don't worry, the chapter's not going anywhere! ^-^]

~

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! 

As a HUGE thank you for reaching OVER 100K reads (which had me staring at the screen for a full minute!) I'm giving you this SUPER long, SUPER early update! It's almost THREE times as long as a usual update, and THREE days early!!

AND because of popular demand, I'm going to be updating 'Slytherin, Death Eater... Poet?' periodically too! There's ALREADY a chapter of that up too! So after you read this SUPER LONG chapter, you have ANOTHER one!

*deep breath*

I just completely hyped myself up, didn't I?

Anyway, I'm so so grateful for everyone that stuck with my 1 year long hiatus (sorry again :/) and who kept voting and supporting me this whole time! I love all my readers so much, even the silent ones ;)

Again, because this is a special occasion, I'm giving a HUGE chance for all of you to interact with this story! You have the option of choosing one of three of these awesome choices (besides reading this really long & really early update <3):

1) Have your name MENTIONED in this story! Yes, as a real character! I can't guarantee that you'll be a main character, but if you comment a description, a name, and which house you're on, I promise I'll try to add you!

2) Request a PERSONAL, special scene between Hermione & Draco! Since I'm planning on A LOT of chapters, you can request any type of scene (and yes, there'll be a sequel). Example: in the Room of Requirement

3) Get an interview with any TWO of the main characters! (And if you choose Angela, please, no hate! XD) This will also be posted on the next chapter! (Ask questions below)

So if you want any of these choices, just comment below and I'll be sure to honor your request!

Thank you so much again for the 100K reads! 💖

On with the story!

•D•R•A•M•I•O•N•E•

DRACO

I'm working on Slughorn's essay when the door opens.

It's so quiet that I think I've imagined it; but nonetheless, I'm alarmed as I hear a quiet sob. A surge of protectiveness comes over me before I can stop it.

Hermione.

Then reality comes back to me; this isn't me comforting Hermione when her boyfriend never paid any attention to her - no, this is a completely different situation. A rush of disappointment surges over me and I pretend to still work on my essay.

My eyes dart up to see her made of stone... Of the same expression I have nowadays. I remember the frozen fire which still casts a gray pallor over our common room. How similar we are now.

But we're nothing similar.

She's a hero, I'm a villain. She's perfect, I'm flawed. She's beauty, and I'm the beast.

She won't want me bothering her.

"Well?"